Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Showalter Said 2-4 Moves Could Be Made

Re: Showalter Said 2-4 Moves Could Be Made

PostPost #16 by ofahn » February 27th, 2012, 6:33 pm

osforlife wrote:Miller could prove he can stick therefore having to move Chavez.
Ayala and Eveland might be traded if the younger ones show they can step up(Strop, Simon: even though he really isn't that young, Patton, Phillips)

Just a reminder that free agents signed to MLB contracts can't be traded until June 15th (I believe) without their permission.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #17 by Matt P » February 27th, 2012, 11:52 pm

They say stuff like this every year.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #18 by Ampontan » February 28th, 2012, 12:14 am

Simon is intriguing. He came back extremely quickly after TJ surgery, and I think he wore down a bit towards the end his first year back. He probably came back too fast. Having the long involuntary layoff in jail probably helped.

Then last year he had to deal with the murder case and a late start. It was probably impossible to concentrate. It will be interesting to see how he does this spring (and the Sun has an article about him up now). AM said there was a lot interest from other teams in Simon in years past --- he clearly has ability --- so it will also be interesting to see if they keep him, or move him and what they get for him.

It's impossible to even guess at the moves to be made, but it will be a lot of fun to see how it shakes out.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #19 by Ampontan » February 28th, 2012, 12:16 am

Matt P wrote:They say stuff like this every year.

The Orioles? The Orioles have had trouble filling out the roster with competent players every year for the past few years, particularly the pitching staff. It got so bad they had to sign Eaton at the last minute, because the 30 pitchers they brought into camp didn't work out like they thought. Then they brought Trachsel in twice.

I don't think that will be a problem this year.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #20 by birdwatcher55 » February 28th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Anyone who thinks we're going to ship off Gregg is dreaming .. not unless we are eating a ton of money or taking back somebody else's bad contract... 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #21 by osforlife » February 28th, 2012, 9:02 pm

ofahn wrote:
osforlife wrote:Miller could prove he can stick therefore having to move Chavez.
Ayala and Eveland might be traded if the younger ones show they can step up(Strop, Simon: even though he really isn't that young, Patton, Phillips)

Just a reminder that free agents signed to MLB contracts can't be traded until June 15th (I believe) without their permission.

Didn't know that, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #22 by Tucker Blair » February 28th, 2012, 11:49 pm

osforlife wrote:
ofahn wrote:

Didn't know that, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

MLB has so many rules, it's hard to keep track of them!
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles