Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Roberts in Sarasota, worked out at Ed Smith Stadium complex

Re: Roberts in Sarasota, worked out at Ed Smith Stadium complex

PostPost #16 by DougDE » March 4th, 2012, 5:50 am

CSPitt17130 wrote:
Rising O's wrote:He wakes up and prays? If that is true, my question is why is he even in spring training at all. Just stay away and let others get the time.

I don't think he specifically prays for a good day with regards to his concussion. He seems like a pretty religious guy, so it's most likely something that he'd do anyway.

The way that he presented it was that it was for a good day in regards to his concussion. After hearing the interview I had little hope he'll ever be anything close to the same
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #17 by Rising O's » March 18th, 2012, 2:52 pm

Will the Orioles cut Roberts? If he was to start the year on the 60 day DL, given that he only has 1 year left on his contract and will be 35 it seems to be a possibility. Why tie up a roster space and potentially lose a good player on the 40 man?

I have not been keeping up with the Orioles this spring so last I heard is that he is in Florida just going through the motions. Their drive for contention has been less than heartening. Of course I'll still be rooting them on opening day.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #18 by Ampontan » March 19th, 2012, 4:41 am

Rising O's wrote:I have not been keeping up with the Orioles this spring so last I heard is that he is in Florida just going through the motions. Their drive for contention has been less than heartening.

Don't take this wrong, but if you had been keeping up you might not have written that second sentence. All sorts of interesting things are happening, and I expect this to be an entertaining season.

Say what you like about the Orioles owner, but when it comes to Roberts, he, Showalter, and DD will probably figure out a way to handle the situation in the manner required.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #19 by birdwatcher55 » March 19th, 2012, 11:45 am

Sad situation... It would be nice if Angelos and Roberts worked out a "settlement" so Roberts could retire and move on with his life.. and perhaps create some roster room in the process 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles