Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

With Cespedes in Oakland, O's should make run at Jorge Soler

Re: With Cespedes in Oakland, O's should make run at Jorge Soler

PostPost #16 by birdwatcher55 » February 14th, 2012, 6:38 pm

Jordan wrote:With Cespedes signing with Oakland, the Orioles should make a major run at another Cuban talent: Jorge Soler.

Kevin Goldstein recently said that, when signed, Soler would become his #38 prospect in baseball.

Q: Where would Jorge Soler rank?
A: Number 38 (or number 39 if Cespedes was also getting ranked), ahead of Yasmani Grandal.

Be sure to check out Don's Jorge Soler scouting report.

I'm not expecting it to happen, but it would be nice to add an elite prospect to the system.
8-) 8-)

Break out the popcorn!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: With Cespedes in Oakland, O's should make run at Jorge Soler

PostPost #17 by birdwatcher55 » February 17th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Zach wrote:It is rumored that the Cubs are willing to offer Soler $27.5 million. At this price I am not sure that Soler would be worth it for the Orioles. This would be almost 4x the amount of money that we gave to Dylan Bundy and as seen in another thread he is considered a top 10 prospect.

$27 mil is a lot of coin to drop on a guy who not even a top ten prospect. I can't believe the Cubs would be that stupid.. nor should the Orioles 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles