Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Jones "Staying Put"

Jones "Staying Put"

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » January 4th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Tim Dierkes: I think he will stay put. We know there's nothing going on with the Orioles currently. The Rockies could have a shot but I don't think teams are placing big value on Jurrjens right now.
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Jones "Staying Put"

PostPost #2 by ofahn » January 4th, 2012, 4:48 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Tim Dierkes: I think he will stay put. We know there's nothing going on with the Orioles currently. The Rockies could have a shot but I don't think teams are placing big value on Jurrjens right now.

How many times have we read something like that RIGHT before a trade is announced?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » January 4th, 2012, 7:14 pm

True ... but I think this report seems valid. The Braves are not budging off our request for two top prospects and JJ. I just don't see this deal going down 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by Zach » January 4th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Normally when this is a case like that the two sides are at least relatively close. The Braves seem extremely uninterested in giving away what would be required to meet the market value of AJ. Regardless of what we think the actual value of Jones is, the perceive value of him across the league is fairly high.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » January 5th, 2012, 6:35 am

Apparently AJ's mom was tweeting and thinks a deal is near. We shall see. I have to think if it goes down, we get the package we want and hopefully it's a good one - and NOT just Prado and JJ 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Baltimore Orioles