Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » December 5th, 2011, 7:02 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/masnRoch/status/1 ... 0885507072
Via Roch:

#orioles getting a lot of interest in INF Robert Andino. Teams like him as starting SS. O's value him in utility role
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » December 5th, 2011, 7:09 pm

I personally do not see the return viable enough to trade Andino. I suspect no team would give up a legit prospect for him. Not sure what else we could get for him besides a RP or something along that caliber.

But I would not mind if the Orioles traded him. It seems that other teams value him, maybe even more than the Orioles
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #3 by A_K » December 5th, 2011, 7:10 pm

If there's a team offering us compensation even remotely approaching what one would expect for a starting SS and we opt to keep him as a utility player, I just might decide to say snarky things about the decision to my friends while continuing to watch every game and buy merchandise while visiting the team-owned website on a regular basis. That'll show 'em.
A_K
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 608
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 43

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #4 by Matt P » December 5th, 2011, 7:13 pm

If he can bring in a nice haul it's a no brainer that you trade him. I am positive that Buck views him as a "nugget" so I don't really know what to think in terms of if he will be dealt or not. Also have no clue what he would even be worth in a trade.

Although the two big trades of Tejada and Bedard by AM proved to be overrated, the trades for Andino and Hardy still continue to amaze me.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » December 5th, 2011, 7:14 pm

A_K wrote:If there's a team offering us compensation even remotely approaching what one would expect for a starting SS and we opt to keep him as a utility player, I just might decide to say snarky things about the decision to my friends while continuing to watch every game and buy merchandise while visiting the team-owned website on a regular basis. That'll show 'em.


If anyone offered them ANYTHING remotely close to a decent return and they declined it, I would be furious. That being said, I doubt he really brings back anything excellent.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #6 by A_K » December 5th, 2011, 7:14 pm

The best part of trading him would be that Ryan Adams would become the everyday 2B when Roberts inevitably needs to miss the majority of the season. Then we'll have a definitive answer of whether or not Adams is relevant to our plans.
A_K
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 608
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 43

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #7 by Tucker Blair » December 5th, 2011, 7:16 pm

A_K wrote:The best part of trading him would be that Ryan Adams would become the everyday 2B when Roberts inevitably needs to miss the majority of the season. Then we'll have a definitive answer of whether or not Adams is relevant to our plans.


As a big Ryan Adams fan, I would like that.
I like Andino, but I really only feel like he is a UTIL player at best.
Very curious to see the return from him if he was indeed traded
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #8 by Tucker Blair » December 5th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Matt P wrote:Although the two big trades of Tejada and Bedard by AM proved to be overrated, the trades for Andino and Hardy still continue to amaze me.


AM surely had a knack for trades (I think each trade he made provided good enough value imo)
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #9 by A_K » December 5th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Matt P wrote:If he can bring in a nice haul it's a no brainer that you trade him. I am positive that Buck views him as a "nugget" so I don't really know what to think in terms of if he will be dealt or not. Also have no clue what he would even be worth in a trade.

Although the two big trades of Tejada and Bedard by AM proved to be overrated, the trades for Andino and Hardy still continue to amaze me.


They did? We received plenty of surplus value in each of the Tejada and Bedard trades. How were they overrated?
A_K
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 608
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 43

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #10 by Matt P » December 5th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Wow, I completely forgot about Ryan Adams.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #11 by Matt P » December 5th, 2011, 7:21 pm

A_K wrote:
Matt P wrote:If he can bring in a nice haul it's a no brainer that you trade him. I am positive that Buck views him as a "nugget" so I don't really know what to think in terms of if he will be dealt or not. Also have no clue what he would even be worth in a trade.

Although the two big trades of Tejada and Bedard by AM proved to be overrated, the trades for Andino and Hardy still continue to amaze me.


They did? We received plenty of surplus value in each of the Tejada and Bedard trades. How were they overrated?

I'm not saying they were bad trades. I just don't think the trades turned out nearly as great as originally expected.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #12 by Tucker Blair » December 5th, 2011, 7:23 pm

Matt P wrote:
A_K wrote:
Matt P wrote:If he can bring in a nice haul it's a no brainer that you trade him. I am positive that Buck views him as a "nugget" so I don't really know what to think in terms of if he will be dealt or not. Also have no clue what he would even be worth in a trade.

Although the two big trades of Tejada and Bedard by AM proved to be overrated, the trades for Andino and Hardy still continue to amaze me.


They did? We received plenty of surplus value in each of the Tejada and Bedard trades. How were they overrated?

I'm not saying they were bad trades. I just don't think the trades turned out nearly as great as originally expected.

I agree. You really have only 1 ML guy left from both those trades. And that would be Jones. Everyone else is either going to be gone after this off-season (Scott), or has not provided any help whatsoever (Tillman, Patton)

And Sherrill was traded for another player who has not helped any
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #13 by Zach » December 5th, 2011, 8:04 pm

What exactly has Bedard done since getting traded to make that trade a bust? Jones has been an amazing pickup from that trade and Tillman is still young. Weirder things have happened than him turning it around
Zach
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 227
Joined: June 2011
Reputation Score: 3

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #14 by Tucker Blair » December 5th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Zach wrote:What exactly has Bedard done since getting traded to make that trade a bust? Jones has been an amazing pickup from that trade and Tillman is still young. Weirder things have happened than him turning it around

I don't think anyone is saying that the trade is a bust. Just that it is simply not as amazing of a trade that people around baseball indicate
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Heavy Interest in Robert Andino

PostPost #15 by A_K » December 5th, 2011, 8:16 pm

The players no longer being with the team doesn't retroactively make the trades less effective. Scott and Sherrill provided substantial ML value for the O's while they were here. And Patton should be a worthwhile reliever this year. And Mickolio was part of the Reynolds trade. Tillman is still a 23-year-old starter coming off a 1 WAR season.
A_K
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 608
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 43


Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rising O's and 3 guests

cron