Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

O's MUST sign Yu Darvish

Re: O's MUST sign Yu Darvish

PostPost #31 by Don » October 25th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Well you guys can stop the presses on the Darvish T-shirts. John Lackey is gone for the 2012 season and that hole just turned into a massive gap that will need to be repaired. You will now see Boston and New York into bidding war and I fully expect that posting fee to reach 60 million or more with room to spare.

Yu Darvish is not going to Baltimore.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #32 by A_K » October 25th, 2011, 3:44 pm

Qualifying prospects as 18-year-olds was just my rhetorical device to draw contrast to the difference in age between those players and the veterans we'd otherwise sign. It was a bit of a conceit for me to stress 18-year-olds to make the age difference more pronounced. I totally agree that 21-year-olds are every bit as attractive, if not more attractive, for a team in the Orioles' situation.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #33 by OriolesRedskins28 » October 25th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Don wrote:Well you guys can stop the presses on the Darvish T-shirts. John Lackey is gone for the 2012 season and that hole just turned into a massive gap that will need to be repaired. You will now see Boston and New York into bidding war and I fully expect that posting fee to reach 60 million or more with room to spare.

Yu Darvish is not going to Baltimore.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Red Sox signed Darvish for a ton of money and he flopped? That would be the icing on the cake after this years collapse.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

PostPost #34 by Don » October 27th, 2011, 10:18 am

I see people in Baltimore want to bring the Wizard of Os into the fold. I have a tough time swallowing the long term deal he will likely seek. He is going to be 35 and has seen multiple back problems. His stuff as a result are no where near what it was three years ago. I honestly think I would pass on him unless the price tag drops into a reasonable range.

If it is 2 or 3 years at 10-12 million per, it is wise to say thanks but no thanks to his services.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles