Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Nice to see Tillman back(?)

Nice to see Tillman back(?)

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 30th, 2011, 3:34 pm

I was unable to watch today's 1:05 game, but according to MLB gameday it looked like Tillman was sitting 90-94 mph, although I read it was still straight.

How did he look today? Was his curveball sharp?

I know the boxscore doesn't look good, but nice to see the velocity back.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Nice to see Tillman back(?)

PostPost #2 by ofahn » July 30th, 2011, 5:12 pm

I didn't watch the game either but the kid is STILL having problems getting through the batting order a second time.

He was more economical with his pitches today and didn't walk anyone but he doesn't seem to have progressed ONE BIT since we acquired him. IMO he STILL is not a quality starting pitcher. Maybe we need to think about him as two inning reliever. If he can keep the walks down he should be able to cut loose for 30 pitches and hit 95/96.

Tillman reminds me of David Hernandez as a starter and look how the move to reliever helped him.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Nice to see Tillman back(?)

PostPost #3 by DougDE » July 30th, 2011, 6:02 pm

It was the same old Tillman minus the walks. And that was pretty much because he didnt have the chance to walk them because they started teeing off after the 2nd inning
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Baltimore Orioles