Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

What exactly do we have in Alfredo Simon?

Re: What exactly do we have in Alfredo Simon?

PostPost #16 by ofahn » August 14th, 2012, 10:18 am

osforlife wrote:I was really upset when we DFA'd him. I thought he could have been a power 7th inning guy to go along with Strop.I thought he would have been dominant in one inning stints, but thinking about it now, he could have been useful to us in long relief(previously a starter) since Patton, Lindstrom, and O'Day have been fantastic.

That was my feeling almost word for word. CAUTION - We are now heading into beaten dead horse territory! I also could not understand why they would keep Gregg over him other than the already wasted money in his contract.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #17 by mikezpen » August 15th, 2012, 4:14 am

You have to take the bad w/the good I guess. D. has made a lot of good moves, and they have outweighed the failed ones. The most recent is getting Omar Quintanilla who has been tremendous.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #18 by birdwatcher55 » August 15th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Simon was too inconsistent here. With Strop's development, he really became expendable. Just my two cents 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #19 by Matt P » August 15th, 2012, 6:24 pm

I liked Simon but was never upset that he was let go. I'm glad he is doing good with the Reds.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles