Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Ideal 2011 Orioles Lineup

Re: Ideal 2011 Orioles Lineup

PostPost #16 by allstar1579 » September 15th, 2010, 3:35 pm

DougDE wrote:I agree with the length of contract probably being one of, if not THE, determining factor. As far as Werth and our scouting or development personnel, he did pass through 2 more organizations before reaching the Phillies and becoming a good player. It took him nearly a decade to develop into the player he has become. I cant fault the O's much for what happened there

I think my problem with it was that the O's looked at him solely as a C, and said he'll never be more than a backup. But the Jays moved him to the OF and he had enough potential when he didn't have to think about calling a game too to have trade value to LAD.

Either way, I see him moving to DH sooner than later though, seems like he has the right mindset for it and does better when he doesn't have to think about too much during the game besides hitting the cover off the ball. I say you can get away with one of Werth/Dunn but not both, and Dunn gets the preference if he ever warms up to DHing.
allstar1579
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #17 by LukeScottsShotgun » September 15th, 2010, 9:17 pm

I'd prefer Dunn. Werth would be a pretty sweet consolation prize though. You have to pay money to get talents like them.
Baltimore! BUCK YEAH! Coming into save the MOTHER BUCKING day yeah!

http://flavadave10.wordpress.com
LukeScottsShotgun
DSL Orioles

PostPost #18 by allstar1579 » September 15th, 2010, 9:33 pm

LukeScottsShotgun wrote:I'd prefer Dunn. Werth would be a pretty sweet consolation prize though. You have to pay money to get talents like them.

You do. And I like the veteran leadership both would provide, one of them coupled with Scott and Roberts is a good veteran nucleus. The problem is I wonder if Scott pretty much isn't the same player as Werth, and similar but a slight downgrade from Dunn. How many of the same dimensional guys can you keep on a team, and happy and productive? I'd think signing one of them means the roster overall will need some retooling a bit.
allstar1579
DSL Orioles

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles