Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Why keep Michael Gonzalez

Why keep Michael Gonzalez

PostPost #1 by hsbaseballcoach » June 12th, 2011, 3:03 pm

I cannot understand the logic of MacPhail or the Oriole brass in keeping Michael Gonzalez around. He has been awful this season out of the pen, has little to no control, been disrespectful to Showalter when he was removed from games, and legitimately thinks he should be the team's closer. I know he has a fairly large salary and would be worth nothing on the trade market, but CUT THE CORD ON THIS GUY ALREADY. Promote Viola, Egan, or even Hendrickson. Gonzalez cannot hold a lead, is a head case, and cannot keep the Os in games when he comes in when they are behind. He needs to be waived TODAY!
hsbaseballcoach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Why keep Michael Gonzalez

PostPost #2 by ljmillar22 » June 13th, 2011, 7:18 am

I completely agree with you, ive watched every O's game this year and when he has pitched he has been nothing but dissapointing, even though he has gone back to his old motion its still erratic. I like the look of Egan and believe he can do a job for us.
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles