Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Winning mentality

Winning mentality

PostPost #1 by wiestlingjr » April 25th, 2011, 4:03 pm

After watching that great at bat by Adam Jones yesterday, and that clutch hit by Brian Roberts I got excited. I saw a team that went back to the fundamentals of how to have a great at bat by fighting off pitches until you get a hit, or a walk. Then Roberts comes up big with his hit, and I love the aggressiveness of sending Andino there. Markakis has not been hitting well, so it's worth the gamble in that situation and it took a perfect throw to get him out.

Where I'm going with all this is that we showed a glimpse of life, but then once again we come out with a rough 11th inning and another loss. I feel like this team doesn't have that sense of ungency and that instinct to just put a team away. This team seems to lack confidence in themselves. I hope we see a huge turn around, and get back to winning and proving me wrong because I want to see these Orioles succeed. It seems like they have everything in place, they just need to bring it all together and start clicking on all cylinders.

Find me on twitter: IrishNDfan
wiestlingjr
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Winning mentality

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 26th, 2011, 1:45 pm

wiestlingjr wrote:After watching that great at bat by Adam Jones yesterday, and that clutch hit by Brian Roberts I got excited. I saw a team that went back to the fundamentals of how to have a great at bat by fighting off pitches until you get a hit, or a walk. Then Roberts comes up big with his hit, and I love the aggressiveness of sending Andino there. Markakis has not been hitting well, so it's worth the gamble in that situation and it took a perfect throw to get him out.

But unfortunately they went right back to playing sloppy baseball in extras.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Winning mentality

PostPost #3 by wiestlingjr » April 27th, 2011, 8:30 pm

And unfortunately we just blew a 4 run lead in the 8th. Once again, we waste an outstanding performance by Guthrie.
wiestlingjr
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles