Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Can Camden Yards really be that special?

Can Camden Yards really be that special?

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 7th, 2011, 11:53 am

Luke Jackson's weekly column: Can Camden Yards really be that special?

http://orioles-nation.com/2011/04/07/ca ... t-special/

As a 20 year old, I unfortunately don’t have any memories of winning Baltimore Orioles baseball. A theme that you’ll often hear on talk radio in Baltimore is that the Orioles have lost a generation of potential fans in the area because no young people have ever seen even a decent Orioles team.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Can Camden Yards really be that special?

PostPost #2 by BuckMagic » April 7th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Luke,

around the park were people mostly talking about the team? Were most conversations Orioles related? Most games you'll walk through and hear zero discussion about the actual team, but I am hoping now people are hyped up and discussing the team a bit more. :D
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Can Camden Yards really be that special?

PostPost #3 by Luke Jackson » April 10th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Sorry about not seeing your post until now. It's tough to say in regards to the fervor that the team was creating among fans at Opening Day, but I know what you mean. Sometimes a sporting even can just be "the place to be" and not a place where you can necessarily find the die-hard fans. Opening Day this year could have certainly been classified as a "place to be" kind of event, but I feel like after 13 losing seasons, there aren't going to be many non-hardcore fans there. The fans around where I was sitting were certainly into the game, and the whole crowd seemed to be cheering throughout the game as much as you could expect fans to cheer during a baseball game.
Luke Jackson
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles