Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Britton To Start Sunday

Britton To Start Sunday

PostPost #1 by Shorebirdfan » April 1st, 2011, 8:41 pm

They just announced Zach will start Sunday
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Re: Britton To Start Sunday

PostPost #2 by Oriolefan88 » April 1st, 2011, 8:47 pm

This makes Sunday even more exciting.Is this Strasburg type hype for us O's fans?
Oriolefan88
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #3 by Shorebirdfan » April 1st, 2011, 8:52 pm

Oriolefan88 wrote:This makes Sunday even more exciting.Is this Strasburg type hype for us O's fans?

Yes but only for us. I've seen Zach pitch many times and Strasburg a clouple. You will never mistake one for the other. That said, he is ready for this. Probably not a great long term move given you what you lose on the backend, but it is exciting for all of us.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #4 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 1st, 2011, 9:17 pm

Really dislike this move. I point everyone toward my post titled: 5 Reasons Why Zach Britton Shouldn’t Make the Opening Day Rotation
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #5 by Don » April 1st, 2011, 9:35 pm

The one thing I said Jordan is that so many voices are saying that Super 2 and arbitration loopholes are going to be a priority for the MLBPA in the labor talks. It is going to mean that the whole scapegoat idea of service time will not throw out the window of the extra year for Britton.

It might have been wise to keep him down when everyone is healthy, but the Orioles are already down two bullets in the barrel. What was the team's other option? Drese is not ready to handle the rigors. Hendrickson would have to post three starts, three more than I would have liked.

I do not think Buck has the full faith in Bergesen at the moment to go 4 strong. The other thing is Guithrie just went 8 innings and he needs a full rest. If he would have been a quick pull, they may have rolled the dice with the four man.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Baltimore Orioles