Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Brian Matusz scratched from start; DL possible

Brian Matusz scratched from start; DL possible

PostPost #1 by BuckMagic » April 1st, 2011, 5:33 pm

Orioles lefty Brian Matusz will not make Saturday’s scheduled start after he came in on Friday with acute middle back pain, and manager Buck Showalter said the team will wait and see the results of an MRI before determining a plan.

http://brittghiroli.mlblogs.com/2011/04 ... back-pain/

Sucks all of the opening day excitement out of me...
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Brian Matusz scratched from start; DL possible

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » April 1st, 2011, 5:52 pm

This is painful to read. Thinking of all the next steps this creates, plus the potential loss, even short term of the only potential ace of the staff, the impact on calling on Britton it all makes my head hurt.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #3 by ShowalterPower » April 1st, 2011, 5:55 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:This is painful to read. Thinking of all the next steps this creates, plus the potential loss, even short term of the only potential ace of the staff, the impact on calling on Britton it all makes my head hurt.

Even more painful is the thought that Mark Hendrickson is being considered for a few starts. Migraine on its way.
ShowalterPower
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by Oriolefan88 » April 1st, 2011, 8:46 pm

Matusz to DL to make room for Britton. Strained intercostal muscle. Macphail says anywhere 3-6 weeks
Oriolefan88
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles