Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

O's to go with 4 starters, 7 relievers & 5 bench players

O's to go with 4 starters, 7 relievers & 5 bench players

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » March 27th, 2011, 12:09 pm

As it stands, it appears the Orioles are going to head into opening day with 4 starters, 5 bench players and 7 relievers.

I think we can all agree the four starters are: Jeremy Guthrie, Brian Matusz, Jake Arrieta and Brad Bergesen.

The question is, who are the bench players and relievers? My thoughts:

Bench
Cesar Izturis, Robert Andino, Nolan Reimold, Felix Pie and Jake Fox.

Bullpen
Kevin Gregg, Jim Johnson, Mike Gonzalez, Koji Uehara, Clay Rapada, Jeremy Acardo, Jason Berken

If you're making the roster would you do something similar?
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: O's to go with 4 starters, 7 relievers & 5 bench players

PostPost #2 by BuckMagic » March 27th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Disagree on two things:

1. I think they'd keep Tatum over Reimold...maybe have Fox at 1B and Tatum catching.

2. Right now I think Hendrickson gets the job over Rapada.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: O's to go with 4 starters, 7 relievers & 5 bench players

PostPost #3 by oriolesmagic28 » March 27th, 2011, 9:04 pm

My feeling is that they should break camp with Tillman and go with five starters, 4 bench (Izturis, Fox, Pie, Andino) with Duke on the DL... Tillman should stay on for insurance because all of our starters haven't looked that hot this spring.

Britton will be brought up in late April to take #5 and demote the weakest link in the rotation.

Fox will be on the major league roster because he has proven himself this spring and is also out of options...he will have to prove himself when the regular season begins and if he disappoints...we can always recall Tatum (who I'm not to fond of).

Reimold will have more bat attempts at Norfolk...and will be called up sometime in the season.

With this 25 man roster...we will have people getting the at bats they need in triple a if injuries come up
-----such as Bell, Reimold, Britton, Synder.
oriolesmagic28
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles