Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

turnaround

Re: turnaround

PostPost #16 by ljmillar22 » July 31st, 2014, 4:15 pm

Brian Roberts dfa'd by the Yankees. Do we have interest considering we have issues at 2b?
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #17 by Rising O's » July 31st, 2014, 6:50 pm

Highly doubt they would be interested.

Getting Andrew Miller is a good pick-up. They needed another arm in the pen.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #18 by Rising O's » July 31st, 2014, 6:51 pm

Os on TV again this time mlb network.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #19 by osforlife » August 2nd, 2014, 9:18 am

Jim Johnson and Brian Roberts were both DFA'd. Sad week for former O's. I'd have interest in bringing them both back. Let Roberts retire as an Oriole. He really hasn't been that bad this year. He has a 1.3 WAR and a .237/.300/.360 batting line.

That's light years better than Schoop's .211/.248/.321. .248 OBP. .248. I didn't even think that was possible. That's so bad, I just want to throw up every time Schoop is at the plate. He makes Flaherty look good. Ryan F***ing Flaherty. Anybody who makes Flaherty look good shouldn't be anywhere near the majors. I don't think Schoop knows what an offspeed pitch is. Seriously, get this guy out of Baltimore. Flaherty too. They're both awful. Jimmy Paredes can play second base. Add Ivan De Jesus to the 40-man/25-man roster. Do something. Bring Roberts back, or call up these guys.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #20 by Rising O's » August 3rd, 2014, 9:01 am

Agreed that position needs a complete overhaul. Offensively the team is in a major slump. Anyone who could get on base would be a welcome addition in the 9 spot.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #21 by Old Sneakers » August 3rd, 2014, 11:09 am

Rising O's wrote:
Getting Andrew Miller is a good pick-up. They needed another arm in the pen.

Paid a price for him though.

As for Johnson and Roberts, I would pass on Johnson unless he'd take a minor league deal. While 2B has been anything but impressive I also doubt Roberts would be much of an upgrade.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #22 by osforlife » August 3rd, 2014, 11:24 am

Old Sneakers wrote:
Paid a price for him though.

As for Johnson and Roberts, I would pass on Johnson unless he'd take a minor league deal. While 2B has been anything but impressive I also doubt Roberts would be much of an upgrade.

Oh, Johnson will take a minor league deal. He's been so atrocious this year. Last year wasn't as sharp as 2011-2012 either. Roberts probably would too. I'd take Roberts over Schoop/Flaherty, but I'd take Weeks/Paredes/De Jesus over Roberts.

Although Miller has found his niche in the bullpen and is quite fantastic there, a top 100 prospect is still quite a price to pay for 20 innings of a reliever. Also, it's not as if a shutdown bullpen piece was the one piece Baltimore needed to put itself over the top. The bullpen was average, and yes could have used an upgrade, but catcher and second base are still HUGE holes on this team. Did acquiring Miller make the Orioles a better team? Yes, marginally. But, was a top 100 prospect worth it considering the team still has huge flaws? No. Kind of puzzling. Duquette has his moments, but he has his head scratchers too.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by ljmillar22 » August 3rd, 2014, 2:27 pm

Maybe duquette knows something about E-rod that we don't know so was more willing to deal him.
I liked E-rod but this year has been a disappointment in my eyes for him, I thought he would take that extra step this year.
Overall I have been disappointed with how our starting pitching prospects have played this year apart from the obvious few like gausman, Harvey and recently Zach Davies.
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #24 by osforlife » August 3rd, 2014, 6:18 pm

ljmillar22 wrote:Maybe duquette knows something about E-rod that we don't know so was more willing to deal him.
I liked E-rod but this year has been a disappointment in my eyes for him, I thought he would take that extra step this year.
Overall I have been disappointed with how our starting pitching prospects have played this year apart from the obvious few like gausman, Harvey and recently Zach Davies.

I think we have to remember that E-Rod is only 21 years old playing at Bowie. He had practically identical peripherals this year compared to his career minor league numbers. Mike Wright and E-Rod have had/are having bad years, yes, but Davies, Wilson, and Berry have all had solid seasons.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #25 by osforlife » August 3rd, 2014, 6:24 pm

ljmillar22 wrote:Maybe duquette knows something about E-rod that we don't know so was more willing to deal him.

I think we have to remember that E-Rod is only 21 years old playing at Bowie. He had practically identical peripherals this year compared to his career minor league numbers. Mike Wright and E-Rod have had/are having bad years, yes, but Davies, Wilson, and Berry have all had solid seasons.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #26 by Rising O's » August 5th, 2014, 10:56 am

Turnaround continues. We're # 2 behind the A's for home field.

Reporting says Johnson signed elsewhere. Oh well.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #27 by Rising O's » August 5th, 2014, 9:55 pm

O's alive. Impressive win tonight. 5 games up.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #28 by Rising O's » August 7th, 2014, 8:08 pm

The ugly returns. 1bb 10k in 6 innings. UGLY
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #29 by Seafordeagles » August 8th, 2014, 11:33 am

Rising O's wrote:The ugly returns. 1bb 10k in 6 innings. UGLY

I'll take a UGLY 2 to 1 win anytime, anyday, anyhow...........................................
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #30 by Rising O's » August 8th, 2014, 9:09 pm

17 games over and now putting pressure on the A's for the #1 spot.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Orioles