Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles To Sign Heath Bell

Orioles To Sign Heath Bell

PostPost #1 by Seafordeagles » May 16th, 2014, 7:34 pm

The Orioles have agreed to a minor league deal with reliever Heath Bell, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/05/o ... -bell.html
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

Re: Orioles To Sign Heath Bell

PostPost #2 by dan72 » May 17th, 2014, 9:10 am

I like this move for its obvious low risk high reward potential. Here is a guy thats been there and done that. I would bet that we will need him at some point down the stretch. Our starters are the week link so bullpen depth will be key in our ability to compete...... another DD scrap heap move? Maybe, but you cannever have enough pitching depth.....
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Orioles To Sign Heath Bell

PostPost #3 by osforlife » May 17th, 2014, 12:58 pm

I don't expect much. I think his success with the Padres was a combination of playing in the national league, playing in PETCO Park, and playing in the prime of his career. He's never succeeded anywhere else. But, it can't hurt. Baltimore is paying him the major league minimum.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Return to Baltimore Orioles