Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

What happens with Troy Patton after suspension?

Re: What happens with Troy Patton after suspension?

PostPost #16 by Seafordeagles » May 5th, 2014, 9:23 pm

osforlife wrote:I'm willing to use statistics from previous years because we're only a month into the season. 30 games is a very small sample size, compared to a year and a half of perfectly good data. They're extreme outliers on both ends of the spectrum so far this season.

Johnny Cueto has a 1.31 ERA, Troy Tulowitzki has a .400 batting average, Charlie Blackmon has a .359 batting average. Meanwhile, Wade Miley has a 5.14 ERA, and RA Dickey has a 5.01 ERA. Should their teams demote them? Who cares what they've done in previous years?

I'll end this now and won't post again about the starters and how they CAN'T go deep into games. Truth is in what Roch reported. You don't see it, but it's a trend for the Orioles.

Oh by the way, the ERA's of Miley and Dickey is better than Gonzalez and Jimenez. You may want to try to dig a little deeper.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #17 by Seafordeagles » May 13th, 2014, 4:12 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:Could you guys see moving Zach Britton to the starting rotation and moving a pitcher to the bullpen? Stinson has not been very good. Patton could easily replace him. What starter would you move to the bullpen? My thought is moving Gonzalez to the pen.

Well I wrong about Britton but was right about Gonzalez. MASN has Gonzalez to the pen temporarily.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roc ... -more.html
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #18 by osforlife » May 13th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:
Well I wrong about Britton but was right about Gonzalez. MASN has Gonzalez to the pen temporarily.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roc ... -more.html

If this move actually is temporary, I get it. Tillman might have an injury and Norris might get suspended. If this move is not temporary, I'm puzzled. Gonzalez, who just threw a gem by the way, has a 3.40 ERA after the first start. He's averaged over six innings per start in his career with the Orioles. No reason to put him in the bullpen.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #19 by ofahn » October 8th, 2014, 10:43 am

Patton is now a free agent.

He shouldn't hold his breath waiting for a call from the Orioles.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles