Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Bronson Arroyo?

Bronson Arroyo?

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » January 7th, 2014, 11:50 am

Orioles are potentially interested in Arroyo now.

Thoughts?
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: Bronson Arroyo?

PostPost #2 by AlexConway » January 7th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Pretty "meh" on Arroyo

The only good aspects of his game are that he does not walk people and he never gets hurt. He doesn't strike people out and he doesn't get groundballs. His HR/FB increased last year, which is concerning.

He's likely to put up 200+ innings of around a 4 ERA. He's the definition of an innings eater. He'd be a good addition to the rotation but won't be anything more than that. I think he'd be a good complement to another addition, but I doubt another addition to the rotation will happen at this point.
Follow me on twitter @AlexConwayON
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

Reputation Score: 6

PostPost #3 by Seafordeagles » January 7th, 2014, 2:33 pm

From what I have read he is seeking and holding out for a 3 year deal. Personally I have nothing pro or con to say about him, Garza, and some others.

I'm beyond trying to comprehend what the goal is for this off season. I believe that Duquette is being held down by the owner. If it keeps going like this I think Buck will walk after the season (that's my opinion only). As for Duquette he will stay as long as he wants unless the owner fires him. After all no one wanted him for 10 years until everyone else turned down the Orioles general manager job.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #4 by osforlife » January 7th, 2014, 5:33 pm

I wrote this on Arroyo on a previous thread.
Bronson Arroyo; Two years, $18MM. Arroyo scares me, and I'd rather Burnett, Capuano, Garza, or Scott Baker fill the 5th spot. He'll get a multi-year deal thanks to his durability and control. But, the guy gives up a ton of home-runs and doesn't strike anybody out. His ERA constantly outperforms his FIP, but the peripherals suggest he's an average-to-below average pitcher in the national league.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #5 by LA Detective » January 7th, 2014, 5:50 pm

We do need an innings eater but I think at this point in his career he might not be automatic for 200 innings and with his fly ball ratio might end up being a 4.50+ era type of guy in the AL East. For me, Pass. AJ is my first realistic choice.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Return to Baltimore Orioles