Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Troy Patton Suspended 25 Games

Troy Patton Suspended 25 Games

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » December 20th, 2013, 2:57 pm

LHP Troy Patton has been suspended 25 games after testing positive for amphetamines. His suspension will start at the beginning of the 2014 season.

The signings of Edgmer Escalona and Kelvin De La Cruz are much more clear now that the Patton suspension is public. The Orioles probably knew for a month that the Patton suspension was coming and both Escalona and De La Cruz were given major league deals.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: Troy Patton Suspended 25 Games

PostPost #2 by thezeroes » December 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Does Patton get to play in the Grapefruit League Games and participate in spring training before his suspension is taken?? He will be placed on the Restricted list during his suspension and allow another player to take his spot on the Twenty-Five BUT that player would need to clear waivers if they have no options when Patton is re-instated. Oh soo much muddy water.
thezeroes
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 38

PostPost #3 by ofahn » December 23rd, 2013, 8:50 am

thezeroes wrote:Does Patton get to play in the Grapefruit League Games and participate in spring training before his suspension is taken??

I believe the answer is yes; however, I'm curious as to whether we can send him to AAA to get him back up to speed before we bring him back to Baltimore.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by thezeroes » December 23rd, 2013, 4:31 pm

ofahn wrote:thezeroes wrote:Does Patton get to play in the Grapefruit League Games and participate in spring training before his suspension is taken??I believe the answer is yes; however, I'm curious as to whether we can send him to AAA to get him back up to speed before we bring him back to Baltimore.

These questions will be answered as ST unfolds. I think a stay at Extended Spring Training will be in the offering for him instead of the AAA reclamation thingy, but I could be wrong.
thezeroes
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 38

Return to Baltimore Orioles