Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Winter Meetings; Day One

Winter Meetings; Day One

PostPost #1 by osforlife » December 9th, 2013, 7:54 pm

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... ioles.html

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... ioles.html

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... notes.html

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... -week.html

The Orioles were linked to Bartolo Colon, Jason Hammel, Rajai Davis, Johan Santana, and Nelson Cruz, but speculations are just speculations. Duquette basically shot down the idea of signing a pitcher to a long-term deal(AKA Matt Garza, Ervin Santana, Ubaldo Jimenez). Second Baseman Cord Phelps was out-righted to AAA.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

Re: Winter Meetings; Day One

PostPost #2 by dan72 » December 11th, 2013, 1:18 pm

The price for Cruz is going to be to high for king Peter..... the only pitcherss we are linked to are all rejects. Guys that have a track record of injuries..... not at all what I was expecting this off season. Maybe I should buy Nats season tickets and not renew my Orioles plan? Tired of this teams cheap approach
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #3 by Seafordeagles » December 11th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Winter Meetings; Day Three

No crickets chirping, leaves off the trees so they can't rustle. Last report from Dan Duquette, we have made no offers to free agents even though the media is speculating the Orioles have interest in a number of players. There's still time, it's only 3:40 PM on Wednesday.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #4 by osforlife » December 11th, 2013, 5:24 pm

dan72 wrote:The price for Cruz is going to be to high for king Peter..... the only pitcherss we are linked to are all rejects. Guys that have a track record of injuries..... not at all what I was expecting this off season. Maybe I should buy Nats season tickets and not renew my Orioles plan? Tired of this teams cheap approach

I'm not an advocate of signing Nelson Cruz.

1. Cruz would require Baltimore to give up a draft pick
2. Cruz is 33, and would likely sign a contract at least through his age 35 season.
3. Cruz is coming off of an PED suspension
4. Cruz is an awful defender; He should really be a DH
5. Cruz has only played more than 130 games in a season once
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #5 by dan72 » December 11th, 2013, 5:40 pm

I agree with all points on Cruz. Granderson would have been a much better fit. My point was strictly of a financial nature. All the impact players are coming off the board and soon only scraps will remain......
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #6 by Seafordeagles » December 11th, 2013, 5:55 pm

They ain't signing Cruz fellas. Patience is the key................................

Also Curt Schilling blasted Angelos on ESPN last night. Says he has the money but won't spend it. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the same way.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

PostPost #7 by Seafordeagles » December 12th, 2013, 8:14 am

Winter Meetings; Day Four

Man I'm really getting excited about the rule V draft today. Hopefully this will be our big splash at the winter meetings.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

PostPost #8 by Seafordeagles » December 16th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Winter Meetings; Day One Hundred Forty Four

Well at least we signed Webb. Wait a minute, we agreed to that before the winter meetings. Oh I forgot, we selected Almanzar in the rule V draft.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

PostPost #9 by ofahn » December 16th, 2013, 6:42 pm

dan72 wrote:The price for Cruz is going to be to high for king Peter..... the only pitcherss we are linked to are all rejects. Guys that have a track record of injuries..... not at all what I was expecting this off season. Maybe I should buy Nats season tickets and not renew my Orioles plan? Tired of this teams cheap approach

I would pass on Cruz. One dimensional and WAAAAYYY over priced.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Baltimore Orioles