Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Camden Chat: Winter Meetings Sim

Camden Chat: Winter Meetings Sim

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » November 15th, 2013, 9:11 pm

My Buddy Kevin Ebert ran the Orioles' SB Nation sim for the Winter Meetings. I think he did a good job and made some interesting moves. It's a fun read, check it out.

http://www.camdenchat.com/2013/11/15/51 ... ioles-2013
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: Camden Chat: Winter Meetings Sim

PostPost #2 by Old Sneakers » November 15th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Yeah it's pretty sobering to see that spreadsheet. I made one of those noises the zombies make in the movies when looking at Markakis, Johnson and Davis' salaries. I will try to spell it "Euughhhuughh"

So much for acquiring a front line SP this off season.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » November 15th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Old Sneakers wrote:Yeah it's pretty sobering to see that spreadsheet. I made one of those noises the zombies make in the movies when looking at Markakis, Johnson and Davis' salaries. I will try to spell it "Euughhhuughh"

So much for acquiring a front line SP this off season.

I think Kevin was able to illustrate just how difficult it is to acquire a front line starter. I speak with him a lot, and I know he attempted to get that over everything. While this is only a sim, I think it illustrates how difficult it will be for the real Orioles to do the same.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #4 by ofahn » December 31st, 2013, 12:14 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:
I think Kevin was able to illustrate just how difficult it is to acquire a front line starter. I speak with him a lot, and I know he attempted to get that over everything. While this is only a sim, I think it illustrates how difficult it will be for the real Orioles to do the same.

IMO the real problem with this team is that the hitting and defense developed before the pitching did. Fans now believe that we should be a contender every year. The truth is that we needed a special season like 2012 where almost EVERYTHING went our way to get to the playoffs, AND we don't have the farm system to support a real contender without wrecking the future of the franchise.

Since ownership isn't willing to authorize a realistic budget we should start the rebuilding process this winter, but that won't maximize ticket sales and that appears to be the primary goal of ownership.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Baltimore Orioles