Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Trade Chris Davis

Re: Trade Chris Davis

PostPost #16 by mikezpen » October 25th, 2013, 9:26 am

I don't think you could carry both Wheeler and Valencia. I like Danny Valencia at this point.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #17 by osforlife » October 25th, 2013, 12:23 pm

mikezpen wrote:I don't think you could carry both Wheeler and Valencia. I like Danny Valencia at this point.

Wheeler will most likely stay in the minors; Norfolk's third basemen I would assume. Valencia will be on the Orioles roster, but he is nothing more than a platoon player. He's shown that the last three years. He's valuable against LHP, but that's it; .629 OPS vs. RHP, and a .879 OPS vs. LHP.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #18 by ofahn » October 30th, 2013, 12:35 pm

osforlife wrote:He's valuable against LHP, but that's it; .629 OPS vs. RHP, and a .879 OPS vs. LHP.

I've always wondered about "half players" like him. You would think that they would see how their careers are hampered by their inability to hit certain types of pitchers and they would spend their off season working with someone that could help them mitigate that.

If Valencia could hit just a 100 OPS points higher against RHPs he could be a regular for some team.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles