Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Things I would like to see:

Things I would like to see:

PostPost #1 by docjj » April 23rd, 2013, 8:31 pm

1. Flaherty be sent to Norfolk and taught how to hit.
2. Someone (anyone) called up to replace him.
3. JJ Hardy and Matt Wieters start to hit the ball. Any day now would be nice...
4. Same for Nolan Reimold.
5. A starter go 7 innings.
docjj
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Things I would like to see:

PostPost #2 by birdwatcher55 » April 27th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Update
--please do something with strop!
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #3 by ofahn » April 27th, 2013, 7:02 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Update
--please do something with strop!

He simply can't be trusted with the game on the line at this point. He needs to stub his toe or something which would allow us to send him down for rehab games so he can find himself.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » April 30th, 2013, 12:22 pm

How about Giocarlo Stanton??? :D :D :D
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by LA Detective » May 5th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Flaherty sent down to get his confidence back, fix a few of his weaknesses and get back into a hitting groove. After sitting last year he almost seems rushed. I really like him and I do think he could be a starter for us but needs to take a step back before forward. Best case scenario is he goes down for a month, starts hitting and carries it back to the majors.

BRob is still a question.

Schoop isnt ready yet.

Since Ryan isnt hitting we dont lose anything by going with Alexi for a month until BRob is ready or Ryan comes back up.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #6 by Rising O's » May 5th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Jason Hammel getting a contract extension.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #7 by LA Detective » May 5th, 2013, 2:35 pm

I totally agree. I wanted this when he showed up in camp and proved the knee was a problem fixed. I wanted this before he ends up having a big year and his price goes way up. There are not alot of innings in that arm. I think he can be one of the top 20 Starters in the league for the next 3 years. No matter what happens with our up and comming young pitchers, he would be great to combine with any of them.

At this point I have got to believe HE is the one holding out for a bigger contract. That he knew he was going to have a big year and took the risk. I believe this because DD/Buck usually do the right thing and probably already have addressed this.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

PostPost #8 by Rising O's » May 5th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Of course he comes out and is terrible today. :shock:
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #9 by ofahn » May 5th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Rising O's wrote:Of course he comes out and is terrible today. :shock:

He's had a problem with keeping his pitches down from time to time this year. Since his knee appears to be sound you have to wonder if he just doesn't stray with his mechanics on occasion.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #10 by osforlife » May 5th, 2013, 5:40 pm

I don't know about a Jason Hammel extension. He's a solid pitcher, but I don't think he is the ace we saw at the beginning of 2012. If you look at his month-by-month statistics for 2012, he really wasn't that great after April. He throws pretty hard, has a good enough wrinkle to keep the hitters off-balance, and has largely become a more efficient pitcher thanks to the evolution of his two seam fastball. But, I'd have to look at a pitch chart of him, but I haven't really identified a quality change-up. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't get to watch many games. Overall though, I think he is about as good as Jeremy Guthrie. He should be a enticing trade chip say we fall out of contention, as should JJ Hardy, Jim Johnson, and Nate McLouth.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #11 by birdwatcher55 » May 6th, 2013, 12:19 pm

I'm optimistic we're going to be in contention and will be potential buyers. I think a lot depends on how Schoop and Gausman develop this season. Can they have an impact on this club by August?? DD has already shown he is not bashful about moving elite prospects along if he feels they are not being challenged 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by LA Detective » May 7th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Reimold sit for a few days and work on hitting the ball the other way. He has always been best when he does. He pulls everything right now. Weak ground balls or a K. I still believe in him but he is out of wack and running out of time. If we can get him going it would be another weapon in the lineup.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

PostPost #13 by ofahn » May 7th, 2013, 9:31 pm

LA Detective wrote:Reimold sit for a few days and work on hitting the ball the other way. He has always been best when he does. He pulls everything right now. Weak ground balls or a K. I still believe in him but he is out of wack and running out of time. If we can get him going it would be another weapon in the lineup.

I don't think anything's carved in stone, but he's probably got until around June 1st to get it going or a change will be made.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #14 by birdwatcher55 » May 8th, 2013, 2:58 pm

I think he has more than a month. I think we take this to trade deadline. Just my two cents 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #15 by mikezpen » May 11th, 2013, 11:55 am

I think a lot depends on Henry Urrutia and if he's ready. Right now, they want him to improve his outfield play and get his baseball instincts back after being out of the game for a year.Plus, they'd want to send him up to triple-A and get him exposure to the veteran pitchers there.I think he'd see a lot more breaking pitches, change-ups, etc. at Norfolk and he needs to get experience w/the soft stuff.

But if he passes those tests, he's up here as the DH. Reimold w/revert to a RH platooner and fill-in outfielder or be traded at that point. I'm thinking late June or early July.But if Reimold starts to hit as he's capable of hitting, then I'd think he'd remain the man.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles