Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Strop

Re: Strop

PostPost #31 by OriolesRedskins28 » June 12th, 2013, 9:09 pm

In fairness to Strop the ball he deflected off his glove could have been a double play which could have lead to a very different end result. If he has any leash left it's probably very short.

What confuses me the most is why they didn't take advantage of this "DL" incident by sending him on a AAA rehab assignment to work out some of his kinks and more importantly prove he can return to pitching effectively. I know they did a lot of drills and simulated games to get him back on track in a controlled environment but I'm flabbergasted that they didn't take advantage of the "DL" stint to give him time at AAA.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #32 by mikezpen » June 13th, 2013, 8:00 am

I agree. S/have sent him away for a couple of weeks.
mikezpen
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #33 by ofahn » June 13th, 2013, 8:16 am

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:What confuses me the most is why they didn't take advantage of this "DL" incident by sending him on a AAA rehab assignment

I thought the whole reason for putting him on the DL was to be able to send him there.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #34 by OriolesRedskins28 » June 13th, 2013, 1:50 pm

ofahn wrote:I thought the whole reason for putting him on the DL was to be able to send him there.

Same here. A wasted opportunity to get him down there without having to clear waivers.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles