Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Brian Roberts leaves with knee injury

Re: Brian Roberts leaves with knee injury

PostPost #16 by rudyrooster » April 5th, 2013, 11:27 pm

The guy has worked his butt off to get back to the "big show" and to have a setback like this has to be devastating to him. He was playing good defense, getting a few hits and stealing bases. Let's hope he'll be back in the line-up in May. The O's are a better team with him...
rudyrooster
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #17 by ofahn » April 6th, 2013, 6:56 am

rudyrooster wrote:The guy has worked his butt off to get back to the "big show" and to have a setback like this has to be devastating to him. He was playing good defense, getting a few hits and stealing bases. Let's hope he'll be back in the line-up in May. The O's are a better team with him...

Agreed.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #18 by birdwatcher55 » April 6th, 2013, 10:02 am

Orioles are saying 2-4 weeks for a ruptured hamstring but this doesn't seem good to me. Pulled hamstrings are tricky enough but ruptured tells me something else. I wonder if we call up Schoop at some point?? Flaherty doesn't seem to have much range at 2B and I have little confidence in Casilla 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #19 by Rising O's » April 6th, 2013, 6:09 pm

I've seen this same sort of love being given to other sports players. Ignore the ugly and praise the rest. I have said my peace on Brian Roberts.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #20 by A_K » April 8th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Rising O's wrote:I've seen this same sort of love being given to other sports players. Ignore the ugly and praise the rest.

I could just as easily reverse your point:

"I've seen this same sort of hate being given to other sports players. Ignore the good and criticize the rest."

Yes, he cheated and lied.

Humans are complicated creatures filled with contradictions and flaws. Sometimes they do good and sometimes they do bad. I've never met an interesting person who hadn't made significant mistakes in their lives. Redemption is among the most universal human experiences.

I've always liked Brian Roberts, and enjoyed watching him play for the Baltimore Orioles. I've always seen him as a good and decent person. And I came to that conclusion knowing full well that he also cheated and lied over the course of his career.

I hope no one out there chooses to define me by the most notable mistakes I've made in my life.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #21 by Old Sneakers » April 8th, 2013, 5:53 pm

A_K wrote:
I hope no one out there chooses to define me by the most notable mistakes I've made in my life.

Points!

Best single sentence I've ever read!
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 33

PostPost #22 by birdwatcher55 » April 17th, 2013, 12:38 pm

It will be good to see Brian back. Maybe that will wake up this offense!!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by ofahn » May 9th, 2013, 10:44 am

Roberts will have hamstring surgery today. A reasonable guess is that he's out until around August 1st.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/05/o ... -wood.html
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #24 by birdwatcher55 » May 9th, 2013, 11:08 am

I wonder if that increases our interest in Utley?? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #25 by Rising O's » May 9th, 2013, 12:29 pm

60 day and be done with it.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #26 by mikezpen » May 11th, 2013, 11:46 am

Roberts is fried; I hate to say it.The Orioles need to assume he's finished and look elsewhere for a second baseman. Probably a fill-in this year and something more permanent next yr. I think Utley w/be available at some point, although I wouldn't trade the farm to get him.And he'd have to be healthy enough to be FT for the last 65 games or so.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

PostPost #27 by Old Sneakers » May 11th, 2013, 11:50 am

I dunno, I think depth is good enough and they only trade for a rental if the price is very reasonable.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 33

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles