Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Robert Andino through the years

Re: Robert Andino through the years

PostPost #16 by birdwatcher55 » May 31st, 2013, 2:39 pm

Other than you, I don't see too much disagreement on this board with my observation 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #17 by osforlife » May 31st, 2013, 3:03 pm

I think it is safe to say that Alexi Casilla is better than Robert Andino.
-.232/.294/.318 for Andino
-.248/.302/.330 for Casilla.
Casilla provides much more speed and steals. They're similar defensively.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #18 by birdwatcher55 » June 4th, 2013, 10:57 am

Casilla can't hit his weight and has no long ball or big hit potential like Andino. Casilla is only on this roster because he was a cheap fit as opposed to Andino who would have cost them considerably more. It came down to the dollar sign and the Orioles came up short when Roberts got hurt again while Casilla and Flaherty were virtually worthless at the plate. I can't see this situation continuing much longer. Too bad Schoop got hurt or otherwise I think he would be on the roster by now 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #19 by ofahn » June 4th, 2013, 11:23 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:Casilla can't hit his weight and has no long ball or big hit potential like Andino.

You seem to ignore that these two guys have significantly different games. I'll trade Casilla's speed for Andino's FEW HRs (and LOTS of Ks) every day. As far as big hits; have you been watching the games recently?

birdwatcher55 wrote:Casilla is only on this roster because he was a cheap fit as opposed to Andino who would have cost them considerably more.

According to Cots Casilla is being paid 1.7M and Andino 1.6M this year. A little research can help avoid a LOT of embarrassment.

Casilla https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html
Andino https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

birdwatcher55 wrote:Too bad Schoop got hurt or otherwise I think he would be on the roster by now 8-)

My guess is that you and DD don't think the same way.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #20 by birdwatcher55 » June 4th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Neither do we :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #21 by osforlife » June 5th, 2013, 4:08 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Casilla can't hit his weight and has no long ball or big hit potential like Andino. Casilla is only on this roster because he was a cheap fit as opposed to Andino who would have cost them considerably more. It came down to the dollar sign and the Orioles came up short when Roberts got hurt again while Casilla and Flaherty were virtually worthless at the plate. I can't see this situation continuing much longer. Too bad Schoop got hurt or otherwise I think he would be on the roster by now 8-)

I just provided you with statistical analysis that you apparently ignored. You say Casilla can't hit his weight, yet has hit .012 points higher than Andino. You say Andino hits the long ball, but ignore the fact that Casilla's slugging percentage is .012 higher than Andino's.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles