Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Service Time Considerations For Top Prospects---includes Bundy

Service Time Considerations For Top Prospects---includes Bundy

PostPost #1 by Seafordeagles » February 21st, 2013, 6:41 pm

Here's a good piece by MLB Trade Rumors. I can't copy the chart or I can't figure how to copy it. If anyone can copy it please do it.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/02/s ... pects.html
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

Re: Service Time Considerations For Top Prospects---includes Bundy

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 21st, 2013, 7:21 pm

Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by Seafordeagles » February 21st, 2013, 8:12 pm

Thanks Jordan.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #4 by Old Sneakers » February 22nd, 2013, 3:34 am

I seriously doubt Dylan Bundy gets a call up before expanded rosters. He's got innings to build up and enough options exist at present that he shouldn't be rushed. Yes, he's that talented but wouldn't you want him to get a real debut that involves him starting meaningful games?

Pure nonsense in my opinion. The young man's got a great future. No need to even consider calling him up early.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » February 22nd, 2013, 12:33 pm

I think a lot depends on where we are at in the standings and if we have a DL situation or not with, and also what Buck sees for needs at that point of time. I could see Bundy here after all-star break if things break favorably for us and he is dominating at the AAA level 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #6 by OriolesRedskins28 » February 22nd, 2013, 2:19 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:I think a lot depends on where we are at in the standings and if we have a DL situation or not with, and also what Buck sees for needs at that point of time. I could see Bundy here after all-star break if things break favorably for us and he is dominating at the AAA level 8-)

Totally agree. If Bundy progresses as expected, there is an opening in the rotation around mid-season, and he is considered to be ready for the ML by Buck/Duquette then he will be there.

I think that scenario is going to unfold and we will indeed see him around mid season. Gausman on the other hand I wouldn't expect to see until rosters expand; possibly earlier if he tears it up and there is a need in the rotation.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #7 by LA Detective » February 22nd, 2013, 6:14 pm

Showalter has already been quoted that Bundy will be available in Sept and Oct. I imagine that means something like last year where he has shorter outings early and builds up from there. I think with our depth we can hold off until Julyish to bring him up. It will be very interesting around the trading deadline if we have a surplus of guys pitching well and Bundy and Gausman are ready. It wouldnt be a shock to see Gausman in August. Especially if we make a trade of a couple of starters.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Return to Baltimore Orioles