Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Jim Johnson's Arbitration Case

Jim Johnson's Arbitration Case

PostPost #1 by A_K » February 8th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Really fascinating "mock arbitration hearing" article on Jim Johnson's case, written by Baseball Prospectus (Orioles side is written by former Camden Depot writer Nick Faleris).

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/a/19515
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

Re: Jim Johnson's Arbitration Case

PostPost #2 by Old Sneakers » February 8th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Johnson (IMO) is right to go to arbitration and will likely gain a significant amount of money out of it. However, I don't see Johnson as one of those closers that stays in that role for 5+ years. Likely once he falters/fails in that role his paycheck spirals. How long will that be? I do not know but you can hardly blame the team for trying to save a few dollars.

That article really is brilliant and worth checking out.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

Re: Jim Johnson's Arbitration Case

PostPost #3 by rudyrooster » February 8th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Old Sneakers wrote:Johnson (IMO) is right to go to arbitration and will likely gain a significant amount of money out of it. However, I don't see Johnson as one of those closers that stays in that role for 5+ years. Likely once he falters/fails in that role his paycheck spirals. How long will that be? I do not know but you can hardly blame the team for trying to save a few dollars.

That article really is brilliant and worth checking out.

I agree with your view on this matter. Hopefully the two sides will reach a mutual settlement before arbitration.
rudyrooster
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Return to Baltimore Orioles