Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles Fanfest Officially Set for January 29

Orioles Fanfest Officially Set for January 29

PostPost #1 by 2131andBeyond » January 5th, 2011, 5:28 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/2011/01/05/or ... anuary-29/

What does everybody think of the new autograph policy? Will you be in attendance? What are you most looking forward to?
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Orioles Fanfest Officially Set for January 29

PostPost #2 by romeopaints » January 5th, 2011, 9:06 pm

I have never paid for an Oriole autograph after purchasing a ticket to a game or to Fan Fest. This is not Ravens football. The past few years Orioles Fan Fest has been a disorganized mad house and free for all. This year they took out the "free" and added "charity" hoping that it will make things better. The Orioles already have plenty of fundraisers and support hundreds of charities throughout the year. It drives me crazy that they would come up with this to "guarantee" an autograph. I have always had the opportunity to receive an O's autograph every year but this time I have to pay $10 to get in and an extra $15 for an autograph. For decades there hasn't been a "guarantee" and why start one now? Why ruin the mainstay of Orioles Fan Fest? I figure that some Orioles marketing "expert" came up with this idea. Let's not fix the problem and streamline the autograph process and all of Fan Fest but let's put a bandaid on it and hope it works. The fans can't argue with it because its for "charity". In the end I will purchase a $15 autograph voucher. No, wait, I will buy 100 vouchers and hustle them to starving fans for $30 a pop. If I don't do it, someone will.
romeopaints
DSL Orioles

Re: Orioles Fanfest Officially Set for January 29

PostPost #3 by bigboytim28 » January 8th, 2011, 7:58 am

I think its bull. And where does it say we cant complain about a charity. Oh and you know some idiot will figure out how to put autograph vouchers on ebay and sell them, personally i didnt mind the mess last year, still better than at the stadium. we ended up getting like 15 autographs last year.
bigboytim28
DSL Orioles

Return to Baltimore Orioles