Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles interested in bringing back reliever Matt Lindstrom

Orioles interested in bringing back reliever Matt Lindstrom

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » January 1st, 2013, 1:34 pm

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orio ... 1337.story

The Orioles have re-signed left fielder Nate McLouth, maintain dialogue with lefty starter Joe Saunders and, according to an industry source, are among the clubs showing legitimate interest in signing right-handed reliever Matt Lindstrom, whom the Orioles traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks in August for Saunders.

Lindstrom, 32, was 1-0 with a 2.72 ERA in 32 games with the Orioles, striking out 30 batters and walking 12 while allowing 35 hits in 36 1/3 innings. He was a key member of the Orioles' outstanding bullpen despite missing six weeks due to a right middle finger injury.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Orioles interested in bringing back reliever Matt Lindstrom

PostPost #2 by Matt P » January 1st, 2013, 4:17 pm

He looked pretty damn good last year. I would love to have him back. I like him a lot more than I like Ayala.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #3 by dan72 » January 1st, 2013, 6:50 pm

when he is healthy he has a real major league fastball. I would love to see him come back. Stock pile the arms.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #4 by ofahn » January 1st, 2013, 7:39 pm

The only way I could them justified in resigning him is if they intend on trading from their existing surplus of bullpen arms.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » January 1st, 2013, 8:19 pm

Yes no question he would be a nice pickup and gives us added security in event of injuries and/or non-production 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Return to Baltimore Orioles