Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Back to 2013 Left Field

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #46 by Old Sneakers » December 6th, 2012, 12:01 pm

My guess is he does get to start the bulk of games in LF. Nolan Reimold will get a couple starts and L.J. Hoes more than likely gets some playing time this season as well.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #47 by LA Detective » December 6th, 2012, 12:13 pm

I think McClouth will be given the opportunity to play LF everyday but would platoon if he struggled or if Reimold came back and 1b/DH isnt available because we got a bat to go with CDavis.

I really like the McClouth resigning because:

1. I think he was a bargain with some of the signings out there.
2. I see him hitting .280/350 oba .430 slg and 25+sbs. If he did struggle, his speed and D make him a good 4th OF and still better than EndyC from last year.
3. Provides great depth in the OF and Lineup. He can bat 1 or 2. There was a day we had no leadoff hitters past BR, no we have 2. Plus he can play CF if AJ gets hurt.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #48 by osforlife » December 6th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Matt P wrote:It was his choice to sign a 1 year contract in an attempt to re-establish his value and get a multi year deal next off season. He could have signed with a lot of teams that would have guaranteed him an everyday job to do just that. He chose the Orioles because he likes it in Baltimore but also because of the opportunity. If they told him he wouldn't be the everyday LF he would have never re-signed.

From Masnsports:
Duquette isn't ready to proclaim that McLouth is the everyday left fielder.

"That's a question for another day, but Nate, over the course of his career, has done very well against right-handed pitching and that's been a staple for him his whole career," Duquette said.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #49 by LA Detective » December 6th, 2012, 5:26 pm

I think he means that he isnt closing the door on Reimold. I dont see McClouth platooning with anyone else unless he struggles early...The perfect world would be for us to get the middle of the order bat and Reimold/McClouth platoon.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #50 by ofahn » December 8th, 2012, 7:14 am

I can see McLouth (LF), Reimold (LF, DH), Betemit (DH) each getting about 400 ABs. The one I can see jumping beyond that number is Reimold if he finds .900 OPS Land again.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #51 by Matt P » December 11th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Unfortunately, Reimold is the most likely of all three to get injured before having one at bat.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #52 by OriolesRedskins28 » December 11th, 2012, 11:30 pm

ofahn wrote:I can see McLouth (LF), Reimold (LF, DH), Betemit (DH) each getting about 400 ABs.

I could definitely see that. Buck is a creative manager who will find ways to get the best players in the lineup when they should be (ie Betemit vs. RHP).

Matt P wrote:Unfortunately, Reimold is the most likely of all three to get injured before having one at bat.

Unfortunately true. Good thing they aren't in a situation where they're dependent on his health.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles