Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Marlins & Blue jays make huge trade

Re: Marlins & Blue jays make huge trade

PostPost #16 by STrone03 » November 14th, 2012, 4:09 pm

We are really lucky to be apart of the AL East. Yes we will get smacked around from NY and Bos a lot more often than not but it's great always having to play the best. That's what made last season so special to me.

WIth that being said, as of right NOW, I think we have a better team than Bos and Tor with some more moves to be made.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #17 by Jordan Tuwiner » November 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm

STrone03 wrote:We are really lucky to be apart of the AL East. Yes we will get smacked around from NY and Bos a lot more often than not but it's great always having to play the best. That's what made last season so special to me.

WIth that being said, as of right NOW, I think we have a better team than Bos and Tor with some more moves to be made.

I think the Orioles are easily a better team than the Red Sox. They may be close with Toronto. The trade Toronto just pulled off was huge but Morrow was their only consistent starter last year and he was injured for a third of the season. We also don't know how Ricky Romero is going to perform. If Morrow, Buehrle, Johnson, and Romero are all healthy next year I think we will see a very dangerous team but that also seems very unlikely to me.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #18 by Seafordeagles » November 14th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I think the Orioles are easily a better team than the Red Sox. They may be close with Toronto. The trade Toronto just pulled off was huge but Morrow was their only consistent starter last year and he was injured for a third of the season. We also don't know how Ricky Romero is going to perform. If Morrow, Buehrle, Johnson, and Romero are all healthy next year I think we will see a very dangerous team but that also seems very unlikely to me.

You plug Reyes and Bonafacio (who can fly) into the 1 and 2 spot and follow with Bautista and Lawrie, those guys will score a ton of runs. Then they have 4 1st class starting pitchers, they will have to be reckoned with.

The only thing that will help us is that MLB (Selig) pulls the plug on this deal. Miami's stadium is publicly funded and that owner has put the screws to the city. Sure glad I'm not a Marlins fan.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #19 by birdwatcher55 » November 14th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I think the Orioles are easily a better team than the Red Sox. They may be close with Toronto. The trade Toronto just pulled off was huge but Morrow was their only consistent starter last year and he was injured for a third of the season. We also don't know how Ricky Romero is going to perform. If Morrow, Buehrle, Johnson, and Romero are all healthy next year I think we will see a very dangerous team but that also seems very unlikely to me.

Add Happ and Drabek to the list and this is a very deep and talented team. The AL East needs to take notice 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #20 by Matt P » December 2nd, 2012, 5:09 pm

Blue Jays got a lot better and if they can stay healthy they can compete. Their team last year was doing good before injuries completely decimated them. They should have been around a .500 team even with some of the injuries. Buehrle I don't think is that great, Bonifacio is a great UTIL, Reyes is an above average SS, and Johnson has ace potential but is injury prone. I don't think the trade makes them the team to beat like some do but I do think they can compete.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #21 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 2nd, 2012, 9:09 pm

Matt P wrote:Blue Jays got a lot better and if they can stay healthy they can compete. Their team last year was doing good before injuries completely decimated them. They should have been around a .500 team even with some of the injuries. Buehrle I don't think is that great, Bonifacio is a great UTIL, Reyes is an above average SS, and Johnson has ace potential but is injury prone. I don't think the trade makes them the team to beat like some do but I do think they can compete.

I agree with everything here. When you make a big trade like that there is going to be hype. They made a good trade but it wasn't something that made them obviously elite.

They will be good but not unbeatable.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles