Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Where does Chris Davis fit in?

Re: Where does Chris Davis fit in?

PostPost #31 by ofahn » November 3rd, 2012, 12:55 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:If Reynolds does not return I see Betemit and Davis splitting a lot of time at 1B or Betemit playing 1B against righties, with Davis at DH.

Betemit had a .370 wOBA against righties last season. That's better than Adam Jones, your guy Adam LaRoche, Ben Zobrist, David Freese, Matt Holiday, and many more. Why would we release this guy?

I agree that the BAT is worth keeping as a DH against RHs; however, I have some concerns about putting that GLOVE on the field.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #32 by OriolesRedskins28 » November 3rd, 2012, 10:03 pm

Love Betemit vs. RHP but his glove shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the field under any circumstances.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #33 by ofahn » November 3rd, 2012, 10:06 pm

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:Love Betemit vs. RHP but his glove shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the field under any circumstances.

Maybe the clubhouse guy can hide it and then tell him it was "recalled" by the manufacturer.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #34 by OriolesRedskins28 » November 16th, 2012, 10:45 pm

ofahn wrote:Maybe the clubhouse guy can hide it and then tell him it was "recalled" by the manufacturer.

Wouldn't mind that one bit. I would prefer a stadium ball girl over Betemit.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #35 by ofahn » November 16th, 2012, 11:29 pm

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:I would prefer a stadium ball girl over Betemit

Probably easier to look at, too.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #36 by Rising O's » November 20th, 2012, 10:15 am

I'll say it again, Davis should be the every day DH/UT. Betemit is too limited overall and his pinch hitting stats the last few years are awful.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #37 by osforlife » November 20th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Rising O's wrote:I'll say it again, Davis should be the every day DH/UT. Betemit is too limited overall and his pinch hitting stats the last few years are awful.

You don't just throw away Betemit's stat line vs RHP. Hide his glove and hide his right-handed batting helmet; But you keep his bat in the lineup vs RHP.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #38 by ofahn » November 20th, 2012, 5:47 pm

osforlife wrote:Hide his glove and hide his right-handed batting helmet

Yeah, behind a Pit Bull with a REALLY bad tooth ache.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #39 by rudyrooster » November 21st, 2012, 7:08 pm

I'm not sure what you do with Davis or Betimit. Davis needs to play everyday. His 30+ HR's are just too valuable not to play him. I also like Betemits's bat against RH'ers and I don't see the O's eating his 2013 contract. I would like to see DD strike a deal for Billy Butler from KC. Let's say Davis and a couple of young arms in exchange for Butler. If a scenerio like that doesn't happen this offseason, then I see Davis as our everyday first-basemen in 2013. Forget about Reynolds at 1b. The O's are gonna non-tender him...
rudyrooster
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles