Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

memories of the 1983 World Series

memories of the 1983 World Series

PostPost #1 by sross1800 » October 23rd, 2012, 12:39 am

Hi there! :) My name's Sean! :) I'm 21 years old, and I've got autism. Even though I wasn't born until 1991, and even though I'm a Cardinals fan, but since I like the nostalgia of the 1980's, what memories do you have from the 1983 World Series when the Baltimore Orioles beat the Philadelphia Phillies, with manager Joe Altobelli, and players like Cal Ripken Junior, Eddie Murray, Jim Palmer (who I'm pretty sure got a lot of girls' and women's phone numbers while playing with the Orioles and doing ads and posters for Jockey Underwear, LOL!), Jim Dwyer, Scott McGregor, Mike Boddicker, John Lowenstein, Rick Dempsey, Dan Ford, John Shelby, Sammy Stewart, Tippy Martinez, Mike Flanagan, Rich Dauer, Storm Davis, Joe Nolan, Ken Singleton, and Al Bumbry?

Thanks! :)
Sean
sross1800
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: memories of the 1983 World Series

PostPost #2 by rudyrooster » October 23rd, 2012, 12:36 pm

I remember it as "the best of times". I remember Eddie Murray "busting out" in one of the games and hitting 2 HRs. The crowd was electric chanting EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE...
rudyrooster
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: memories of the 1983 World Series

PostPost #3 by ofahn » October 23rd, 2012, 8:29 pm

I sat in the upper deck in LF on Opening Night of that series and almost drown. That was after I had to wait outside the stadium in the rain while they brought the prez in. Then John Denny shut us down.

Still, it was a wonderful memory.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Baltimore Orioles