Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Where Do You See Flaherty on April 1??

Where Do You See Flaherty on April 1??

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » October 18th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Starting second baseman in Baltimore?? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Where Do You See Flaherty on April 1??

PostPost #2 by rudyrooster » October 18th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Platooning with Andino at 2nd base and batting 9th. That's my gut feeling...
rudyrooster
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #3 by A_K » October 18th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Everyday SS at Norfolk.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #4 by osforlife » October 19th, 2012, 2:16 pm

Left-handed utility guy off the bench- if Roberts is playing everyday.
Starting a second base vs righties- if Roberts goes down and we go to a platoon situation.
Playing everyday at 6 different positions in AAA- if Buck and the FO feel his development isn't quite finished.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #5 by ofahn » October 19th, 2012, 2:28 pm

osforlife wrote:Left-handed utility guy off the bench- if Roberts is playing everyday.
Starting a second base vs righties- if Roberts goes down and we go to a platoon situation.
Playing everyday at 6 different positions in AAA- if Buck and the FO feel his development isn't quite finished.

IMO if Roberts is the starting 2B Flaherty is starting at 2B or SS in Norfolk. Andino would be the back up. Flaherty still needs to the learn how to recognize and handle the breaking ball. I honestly believe he can be a league average of better 2B.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #6 by LA Detective » October 19th, 2012, 7:34 pm

The best case sceniro is BRob is healthy enough to start the season...Andino or preferably better as the back-up middle infielder and Flaherty at AAA playing everyday 2b to start the season. I agree with above that he can be a better than average 2b..He hit great when he went down to AAA this year. It would be great to see him learn from this year and go there next spring and crush the ball and sharpen 2nd base skills. He could be back up by June 1 in at least a platoon role with .275+/ 15HR ability...

But...I doubt BRob will be healthy enough and UNLESS we have made an upgrade over Andino then Flaherty will be in the majors opening day..This is if he has a good spring...Due to the normal watered down spring pitching I bet he hits very well in ST...I put a small wager he is on the opening day roster unless something drastically changes..
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Return to Baltimore Orioles