Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Reynolds and McLouth want to return

Re: Reynolds and McLouth want to return

PostPost #16 by LA Detective » October 13th, 2012, 1:47 pm

I really thought at one point MR turned the corner and could hit .250 /32+ HR...But i dont think he has..He really is a .220 23HR guy who may be worse in a situation where your weaknesses are really over-exposed. I really wanted to wait on my decison until after the playoffs. I know it was a short example but he looked like he didnt have a chance and thats what bothers me most..I plan on watching this team in the playoffs the next few years and I dont think MR will make the adjustments to contribute offensively at a championship level ..I beleive he hit less than .200 since his Yankee explosion in early Sept.

Unless, Buck and DD believe that CD will play below ave. defense at 1b, I say go with CD at 1st...WBet will be back as a half DH from the left side...I would DH Weiters more against lefties early in the season. I wish it was Reimold but to me he would have to earn it by showing he is healthy... or we can go outside to get a DH type...

I wish it was MR but I really believe we can find better .It wouldnt suprise me if Buck sticks with him though... I do think the weakest part of our team is star power in the middle of the order causing AJ and MW and CD to do too much...NIck will help in this area when he comes back, Manny will help when he starts moving up the line-up and maybe Reimold but I would like us to get one more solid bat in the middle of the order so CD can bat 6th and MW down to 7th...Hardy to 9th...

Bring Nate back...gold glover who bats at the top of the order and does everything fundamentally right and showed he can play at the highest level and against the best pitchers...I wouldnt want to commit to 2 years but the O's will have the money to get it done if they had to.

Without making a move I would like to see:
Markakis (leadoff seams to get the most out of him)
McLouth
Reimold DH (He would have to be 100% healty so its a stretch)
Jones
Davis
Machado ( How quick he puts up Trout like # will say alot about the line-up)
Weiters
2b-
Hardy (would still see good pitches with NM behind him, less than .300 oba has no biz up in the order)
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #17 by Matt P » October 13th, 2012, 8:56 pm

That lineup is not any better than last years lineup that was below average. They need to figure out a way to get a true middle of the order hitter.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #18 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 14th, 2012, 11:42 am

Matt P wrote:That lineup is not any better than last years lineup that was below average. They need to figure out a way to get a true middle of the order hitter.

I would like to somehow trade Hardy and another piece for a 3B and move Machado to SS.

Headley would be ideal.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #19 by Matt P » October 14th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I would like to somehow trade Hardy and another piece for a 3B and move Machado to SS.

Headley would be ideal.

It's a shame they didn't pull the trigger on the potential deal at the trade deadline. What was it something like Arrieta, Matusz, and either Bridwell or Delmonico? Something like that. No way that deal gets it done now.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #20 by osforlife » October 14th, 2012, 12:18 pm

Matt P wrote:That lineup is not any better than last years lineup that was below average. They need to figure out a way to get a true middle of the order hitter.

I responded to this quote earlier but it didn't go through. Trading Headley back in July would have been great. Something along the lines of Matusz, Avery, Hardy, and our compensation pick would have gotten it done. Just imagine something like...

Markakis RF (.300/15)
Betemit DH (.350/15) [righties only]
Headley 3B (.285/35)
Jones CF (.285/30)
Machado SS (.290/20)
Davis 1B (.260/35)
Wieters C (.250/25)
Roberts 2B (.260/5)
Hoes LF (.250/5)
lol people will get hurt and people will underperform but man that would be heaven.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #21 by Matt P » October 14th, 2012, 1:24 pm

osforlife wrote:I responded to this quote earlier but it didn't go through. Trading Headley back in July would have been great. Something along the lines of Matusz, Avery, Hardy, and our compensation pick would have gotten it done. Just imagine something like...

Markakis RF (.300/15)
Betemit DH (.350/15) [righties only]
Headley 3B (.285/35)
Jones CF (.285/30)
Machado SS (.290/20)
Davis 1B (.260/35)
Wieters C (.250/25)
Roberts 2B (.260/5)
Hoes LF (.250/5)
lol people will get hurt and people will underperform but man that would be heaven.

The rumor was it would have been two of Arrieta, Britton, and Matusz along with 1 of Bridwell or Delmonico for Headley and the O's were the ones who decided not to make a trade.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #22 by osforlife » October 14th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Matt P wrote:
The rumor was it would have been two of Arrieta, Britton, and Matusz along with 1 of Bridwell or Delmonico for Headley and the O's were the ones who decided not to make a trade.

hindsight is 20/20. shoulda pulled it.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by ofahn » October 14th, 2012, 4:52 pm

osforlife wrote:hindsight is 20/20. shoulda pulled it.

Why? How would that trade have fixed the flaws in Jones', Davis', Wieters', and Reynolds' games?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #24 by osforlife » October 14th, 2012, 5:03 pm

ofahn wrote:
Why? How would that trade have fixed the flaws in Jones', Davis', Wieters', and Reynolds' games?

I'am not sure what you mean.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #25 by ofahn » October 14th, 2012, 5:11 pm

osforlife wrote:I'am not sure what you mean.

Our season did not end when it did because we had Machado at 3B instead of Headley. It ended because Jones, Davis, Wieters, and Reynolds couldn't rise above their flaws and manufacture a couple of runs. We need those four guys to go to the next level if we want to be a championship caliber team.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #26 by osforlife » October 14th, 2012, 8:33 pm

ofahn wrote:
Our season did not end when it did because we had Machado at 3B instead of Headley. It ended because Jones, Davis, Wieters, and Reynolds couldn't rise above their flaws and manufacture a couple of runs. We need those four guys to go to the next level if we want to be a championship caliber team.

Yes but one more run could have won us the series. Headley did offer much better us offense and outstanding defense, although Machado was pretty damn good.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #27 by ofahn » October 14th, 2012, 9:42 pm

osforlife wrote:Yes but one more run could have won us the series. Headley did offer much better us offense and outstanding defense, although Machado was pretty damn good.

The only game where one more run would have made a difference was the third. Do you somehow think that Headley would have somehow been the batter at the one critical moment that would have made a difference. And what would have happened if Machado hadn't made his two timely hits?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #28 by LA Detective » October 15th, 2012, 4:14 pm

It will be real interesting who DD/Buck and the scouting staff have their eye on. We are in position with our SP depth to go get the guy we want. Not alot of teams have talented depth like we do. I think we are going to see that kind of trade. Like an Eric Hosmer type trade...Not saying him but DD/Buck seem to be real good eying talent (Hammel) and going and getting that talent for the proper value. I think you will see them play real close to the vest and go get a guy that they have agreed on who they really want. The biggest thing available on the FA market is descent starting pitchers like a J. Sauders. We could sign someone like that and still make trades for a player without compromising our SP depth.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #29 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 15th, 2012, 4:43 pm

LA Detective wrote:It will be real interesting who DD/Buck and the scouting staff have their eye on. We are in position with our SP depth to go get the guy we want. Not alot of teams have talented depth like we do. I think we are going to see that kind of trade. Like an Eric Hosmer type trade...Not saying him but DD/Buck seem to be real good eying talent (Hammel) and going and getting that talent for the proper value. I think you will see them play real close to the vest and go get a guy that they have agreed on who they really want. The biggest thing available on the FA market is descent starting pitchers like a J. Sauders. We could sign someone like that and still make trades for a player without compromising our SP depth.

I agree with all of this.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #30 by osforlife » October 15th, 2012, 5:28 pm

ofahn wrote:
The only game where one more run would have made a difference was the third. Do you somehow think that Headley would have somehow been the batter at the one critical moment that would have made a difference. And what would have happened if Machado hadn't made his two timely hits?

No proper evidence to conclude he would have made a difference in Game 3, so that was a bad example. But he would have been better than Machado.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Orioles