Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

LaRoche and O's close to a deal?

LaRoche and O's close to a deal?

PostPost #1 by mthompson » December 16th, 2010, 7:24 pm

Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reports that the Orioles are closing in on a deal with free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche.

I am all for it as long as its a 1 year deal with a reasonable option or even 2 years if the price is right. A 3 year deal should be out of the question.
mthompson
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

Re: LaRoche and O's close to a deal?

PostPost #2 by Don » December 17th, 2010, 4:22 pm

The Orioles are sticking to a two year deal with Adam LaRoche and his corner wants three years. The Orioles are not giving a final offer for him, but they are trying to stick to thier guns on two years. They may end up offering two years and 16 million deal, which is nothing to sneeze at if I were LaRoche agent.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by mcgraw238 » December 20th, 2010, 12:02 pm

Don wrote:The Orioles are sticking to a two year deal with Adam LaRoche and his corner wants three years. The Orioles are not giving a final offer for him, but they are trying to stick to thier guns on two years. They may end up offering two years and 16 million deal, which is nothing to sneeze at if I were LaRoche agent.

Thanks for the update. What's your take on Lee? Is he just dead set against playing for the O's?
mcgraw238
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by mthompson » December 20th, 2010, 3:47 pm

the o's currently have lee or the backburner. it seems that LaRoche is our target and the new info is that we have offered him 3 years 21 mill. So we can all say goodbye to our hopes of prince, if LaRoche ends up accepting.
mthompson
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

PostPost #5 by Gator » December 20th, 2010, 10:11 pm

If LaRoche accepts i dont think it keeps up out of the Fielder sweepstakes. If we can pick up Prince and play him at 1st that allows us to use LaRoche at DH and trade Luke or vice versa. I would much rather have the problem of having too many people for the lineup everyday than the alternative.
Gator
DSL Orioles

PostPost #6 by hsbaseballcoach » December 21st, 2010, 9:38 pm

Looks like the O's have brought Derrick Lee back to the table. LaRoche is stuck on a 3rd year and the O's are justifiably reluctant. Personally, I would be happy with a 1-2 year deal with Lee - he could be trade bait at the deadline and see what opens up next year. Neither LaRoche nor Lee are long term fixes, but either will make the O's more attractive to other free agents in the future and show them and their fans they are doing what they can to win.
hsbaseballcoach
DSL Orioles

PostPost #7 by Don » December 22nd, 2010, 11:58 am

They still talk to Derrick Lee's agent through this entire process. They are talking with Thomes agent, Gurerror's agent, and even Ramirez agent. They have not shut the door on anyone at this point and continue to keep contact with alot of guys. McPhail does not give ultimatums to agents, so LaRoche can sit as long as he likes.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Baltimore Orioles