Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Adam Jones is pressing way too hard

Adam Jones is pressing way too hard

PostPost #1 by Matt P » October 10th, 2012, 10:32 pm

He looks absolutely horrible at the plate. It's a shame since he was so good all year but he has just crumbled under the spotlight.

If he doesn't play so horrible this series it would be over and the O's would have swept 3-0.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Adam Jones is pressing way too hard

PostPost #2 by OriolesRedskins28 » October 11th, 2012, 12:26 am

Yeah he looks lost at the plate. He looks Josh Hamilton esque where pitchers know to just stay out of the strike zone (especially low and away) yet somehow the count always ends up 0-2 or 1-2.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by joecap1946 » October 11th, 2012, 7:03 am

I think you can add Hardy, Wieters and most of the O's. Davis, Mclouth seem to be only one's hitting right now.
joecap1946
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #4 by ofahn » October 11th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Matt P wrote:He looks absolutely horrible at the plate. It's a shame since he was so good all year but he has just crumbled under the spotlight.

If he doesn't play so horrible this series it would be over and the O's would have swept 3-0.

He was pressing the last two weeks of the season.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » October 11th, 2012, 1:33 pm

I wonder if fatigue has really done him in?? He played every game this year I understand. That has to take its toll at this point. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #6 by STrone03 » October 11th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Jones is pressing?

Our main core of veterans and "leaders" (Reynolds, Jones, Hardy, Wieters, Thome) are hitting a combined 7-57. That is a BA of .123 and only 2 BB to show for their AB's.

That is not how you win a postseason series.

I hope we can come through tonight at put some hits together in the middle of the lineup. Looking forwards to getting another shot at CC on Friday.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

PostPost #7 by ofahn » October 11th, 2012, 2:40 pm

STrone03 wrote:Jones is pressing?

Our main core of veterans and "leaders" (Reynolds, Jones, Hardy, Wieters, Thome) are hitting a combined 7-57. That is a BA of .123 and only 2 BB to show for their AB's.

I hope we can come through tonight at put some hits together in the middle of the lineup. Looking forwards to getting another shot at CC on Friday.

Couldn't agree more. Allow me to give you your first point.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #8 by Matt P » October 11th, 2012, 2:40 pm

STrone03 wrote:Jones is pressing?

Yeah, it's been bad all around save for a few hitters. This series could be over if not for everyone struggling offensively.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #9 by STrone03 » October 11th, 2012, 5:10 pm

ofahn wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Allow me to give you your first point.

Thank you. Anyone want to take a guess at who might heat up tonight?

Mine would probably have to be Jones or Reynolds but it seriously could be anyone. Any kind of productivity would be greatly appreciated.

But hey! At least we don't have A-Rod!
STrone03
DSL Orioles

PostPost #10 by Matt P » October 12th, 2012, 6:57 am

Nate McLouth ... unreal.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 12th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Matt P wrote:Nate McLouth ... unreal.

I saw someone tweet something similar to this last night: If you could guess which outfielder was just given an $80+ million dollar contract, you'd say Nate McLouth.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #12 by Matt P » October 12th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I saw someone tweet something similar to this last night: If you could guess which outfielder was just given an $80+ million dollar contract, you'd say Nate McLouth.

He looks like the guy who won a Gold Glove and made the All Star team in Pittsburgh. I know he said that at Norfolk he got his swing fixed but this is just incredible.

At this point you almost have no choice but to bring him back on a 2 or 3 year deal.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #13 by ofahn » October 12th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Matt P wrote:At this point you almost have no choice but to bring him back on a 2 or 3 year deal.

I would rather offer him arbitration if we can't work out a multi year deal at a fair salary. In 236 PAs he had a line of .268 .342 .435. That's a girl worth giving a key to, but I'm not sure I'd offer marriage yet. I will admit that I have been really impressed by how he's dropped the hammer when Nick went down and the post season began. Definitely a keeper. The question now is for how long. If we sign him long term we are essentially giving up on Hoes and Avery.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #14 by Matt P » October 12th, 2012, 3:58 pm

ofahn wrote:
I would rather offer him arbitration if we can't work out a multi year deal at a fair salary. In 236 PAs he had a line of .268 .342 .435. That's a girl worth giving a key to, but I'm not sure I'd offer marriage yet. I will admit that I have been really impressed by how he's dropped the hammer when Nick went down and the post season began. Definitely a keeper. The question now is for how long. If we sign him long term we are essentially giving up on Hoes and Avery.

It's not necessarily giving up on them. Neither of them are thought of as everyday players are they? Use them in a trade or keep them for depth.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #15 by ofahn » October 12th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Matt P wrote:It's not necessarily giving up on them. Neither of them are thought of as everyday players are they? Use them in a trade or keep them for depth.

They both have that potential; however, they still have holes in their game. Another year of development at AAA would do them good which is why I would rather sign McLouth short term. By this time next year we would have a better idea of the value of all three players.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles