Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Steve Johnson listed as the starter on Saturday vs Boston

Re: Steve Johnson listed as the starter on Saturday vs Boston

PostPost #16 by ofahn » September 30th, 2012, 8:55 am

Matt P wrote:According to someone on this site the O's would have been stupid to trade for Headley at the trade deadline because he would be worth less in the off season

...and STILL will be.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #17 by LA Detective » September 30th, 2012, 11:41 am

It was a real shame that Johnson got hit last night in the foot. I read this morning that the split he did caused him to now worry about his knee. His command wasnt the same after. He was rolling along at that point too. They way he looked I thought he was going to casue a great debate on who starts in the playoffs. Tilman and Gonzo are locks. Hammel if healthy would be the 3rd...If Johnson finished up tonight they way he started, who would of beeen the 4th? Everything has been working out for us but i would of really liked to of seen him pitch most of the August and Sept in the rotation.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #18 by ofahn » September 30th, 2012, 2:41 pm

LA Detective wrote:It was a real shame that Johnson got hit last night in the foot. I read this morning that the split he did caused him to now worry about his knee. His command wasnt the same after. He was rolling along at that point too. They way he looked I thought he was going to casue a great debate on who starts in the playoffs. Tilman and Gonzo are locks. Hammel if healthy would be the 3rd...If Johnson finished up tonight they way he started, who would of beeen the 4th? Everything has been working out for us but i would of really liked to of seen him pitch most of the August and Sept in the rotation.

Johnson has looked a little shaky the third time through the order. Once the league gets a better look at him he will probably find a home as the long man (only has to go through the order once or twice) and do that very effectively.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles