Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

playoff tickets

playoff tickets

PostPost #1 by dan72 » August 24th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Just wondering if anyone has seen Vegas odds on making the playoffs? Any one seen any playoff predictions from a trusted authority?
The September schedule seems brutal and while I am very proud of the season we have had, I'm not sure if buying playoff tickets is a good investment. I would say that we have a chance to make the playoffs, but so do the A's, Tigers, Angels, Rays etc..... I just don't see our starting pitching as good enough to get in or win a short series.

Anyone else wrestling with the same decision? I'll buy season tickets again next year like I do every year, that is not the issue. Maybe this is just me not wanting to get my hopes up to high......
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: playoff tickets

PostPost #2 by Matt P » August 25th, 2012, 1:48 am

If they don't make the playoffs won't you be refunded?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #3 by Oriole85 » August 27th, 2012, 9:26 am

Matt P wrote:If they don't make the playoffs won't you be refunded?

They can be refunded or applied to 2013 tickets. The only thing that might not be refundable are transaction fees.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #4 by Oriole85 » August 27th, 2012, 9:27 am

dan72 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has seen Vegas odds on making the playoffs? Any one seen any playoff predictions from a trusted authority?
The September schedule seems brutal and while I am very proud of the season we have had, I'm not sure if buying playoff tickets is a good investment. I would say that we have a chance to make the playoffs, but so do the A's, Tigers, Angels, Rays etc..... I just don't see our starting pitching as good enough to get in or win a short series.

Anyone else wrestling with the same decision? I'll buy season tickets again next year like I do every year, that is not the issue. Maybe this is just me not wanting to get my hopes up to high......

The shorter the series, the better our chances are IMO. Since our starting pitching is a weakness, the chances of a team have an off-night are much better than having 4 "off-nights."
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » August 27th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Just ordered mine...boy they were not cheap!
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Baltimore Orioles