Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Podcast Episode #1: Gausman, Aberdeen, GCL, Bundy

Re: Podcast Episode #1: Gausman, Aberdeen, GCL, Bundy

PostPost #16 by ofahn » August 14th, 2012, 4:01 pm

A_K wrote:
Fair enough, though I think MacPhail made a number of great moves that showed an astute understanding of the team and its weaknesses. His trade history continues to look good one year after his exit. His free agent signings, especially with relievers, obviously not so much.

As disappointed as I grew with MacPhail (NO International signings, limited investment in player development, etc.) I actually considered him a step up from everybody since Pat Gillick.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #17 by Matt P » August 14th, 2012, 4:12 pm

I was listening on a Droid X and the sound cut out too which is why I stopped listening. I thought it was just my phone but if it happened to legmason on a mobile device maybe it wasn't just me.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #18 by legmason » August 14th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Thanks for the feedback!

How were you listening to it? Was it just using the player on your iPhone?

Glad you enjoyed the content.

Yeah it was just using my player on my iphone. I tried again today and it worked just fine. thanks!
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #19 by Tucker Blair » August 14th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Yea with it being the first time, I guess we were bound to have a few problems. Shouldn't be too hard to work out the kinks though.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Means more than you would even know.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #20 by Matt P » August 14th, 2012, 10:58 pm

I listened to the full podcast and it was really good. Like I already said just the audio was weird. It will take time to perfect it. Adam Carolla, ESPN, and all the other top podcasters I'm sure had some problems when they started too.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #21 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 15th, 2012, 12:19 am

A_K wrote:Another thought that I'm sure has occurred to you: if it would mean more frequent episodes, I'd love to hear some shorter spots focusing on a few short-term topics. I can't think of how many days I've woken up before work and wished I could hear smart people talking about the O's for ~15 minutes.

We'll be doing this. Recording the second one in a bit.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #22 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 15th, 2012, 2:06 am

Matt P wrote:I listened to the full podcast and it was really good. Like I already said just the audio was weird. It will take time to perfect it. Adam Carolla, ESPN, and all the other top podcasters I'm sure had some problems when they started too.

Thanks, Matt!

We just recorded and think the audio is without echo. I guess you guys will let us know.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by Aaron » August 15th, 2012, 5:48 am

Great first podcast, enjoyed it very much. Really liked hearing about the GCL players as no one really covers them. Looking forward to the second podcast.
Aaron
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #24 by A_K » August 15th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:We'll be doing this. Recording the second one in a bit.

Great work. This is how you build a successful site from the ground up.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #25 by A_K » August 15th, 2012, 12:16 pm

ofahn wrote:
As disappointed as I grew with MacPhail (NO International signings, limited investment in player development, etc.) I actually considered him a step up from everybody since Pat Gillick.

Well, there weren't NO international signings. Schoop, Veloz, Chalas, Rodriguez and Bernadina were all MacPhail signings who have become something between "our third best prospect" and "moderately intriguing."

Still, I generally agree with you. The summer of Chapman and Sano was very frustrating.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #26 by ofahn » August 15th, 2012, 12:36 pm

A_K wrote:
Well, there weren't NO international signings. Schoop, Veloz, Chalas, Rodriguez and Bernadina were all MacPhail signings who have become something between "our third best prospect" and "moderately intriguing."

Still, I generally agree with you. The summer of Chapman and Sano was very frustrating.

OK, I'm guilty of a little hyperbole, but my point was that we seriously neglected that resource when our farm system was essentially barren. I keep thinking: what if? Such as, just tripling that modest expenditure. We would have a farm system that would allow us to make a Gio Gonzalez type trade.

Schoop, Veloz, Chalas, Rodriguez and Bernadina are all solid prospects, but only Schoop would be a top ten in a good farm system. I just see it all as a missed opportunity.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #27 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 15th, 2012, 2:27 pm

A_K wrote:
Great work. This is how you build a successful site from the ground up.

Thank you, A_K!
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #28 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 15th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Aaron wrote:Great first podcast, enjoyed it very much. Really liked hearing about the GCL players as no one really covers them. Looking forward to the second podcast.

Glad you enjoyed it, Aaron! Thanks.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #29 by Adam Wolff » August 15th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Can say I will definitely be adding these podcasts to my listening now. I think it's really nice to hear about guys that aren't all over everyone's radar. For me to enjoy listening to someone, I don't necessarily need to learn anything, but have to at least enjoy listening. In this case, considering I knew very little about many of the guys you spoke of, I was able to learn a lot as well.

Keep up the great work guys, looking forward to #2!
@AdamWolff
Adam Wolff
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 4

PostPost #30 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 15th, 2012, 7:42 pm

Adam Wolff wrote:Can say I will definitely be adding these podcasts to my listening now. I think it's really nice to hear about guys that aren't all over everyone's radar. For me to enjoy listening to someone, I don't necessarily need to learn anything, but have to at least enjoy listening. In this case, considering I knew very little about many of the guys you spoke of, I was able to learn a lot as well.

Keep up the great work guys, looking forward to #2!

Awesome! Thanks, Adam. And #2 was put out today! viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1362
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles