Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles Standing Projections

PostPost #1 by David » August 2nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

Well now that the season is more than half over I was wondering what you guys would think of how the O's would end the year.

At the beginning of the season, well a little before I asked my Facebook page this same question and here's how they answered:

20% of the votes said the Orioles would win 90+ games.

45% of the votes said the Orioles would win 80-89 games.

30% of the votes said the Orioles would win 70-79 games.

5% of the votes said the Orioles would win 60-69 games.

If you were to look at this right now which of these would you agree with?

I said at the start of the year we'd win 80-89, aiming in the low 80's. At the time I was being optimistic but as I look back it I think it's a strong possibility.
David
Orioles Nation Staff
Staff Writer
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 4

Re: Orioles Standing Projections

PostPost #2 by Matt P » August 3rd, 2012, 12:56 am

I believe at the beginning of the season I pegged them for 60-69. As of right now I think 70-79 is more likely.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #3 by MikeNewcomb92 » August 3rd, 2012, 6:08 am

To be honest I thought the Os would have either been at .500 or just slightly under that. But I have been impressed by how we started the year with quality start after quality start along with timely hitting. But as the year has progressed our pitching has done a complete 180 and have had few quality starts and the once strong bullpen has also been inconsistent, also our hitting has been terrible when we need them. The hitters have been terrible with runners on base and in scoring position. But overall as a team we are making strides in the right direction and the future is looking brighter and now we have to wait and develop our young players and turn into contenders.
MikeNewcomb92
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

Re: Orioles Standing Projections

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » August 3rd, 2012, 11:40 am

I think it's too early for this thread. FWIW: I said 73 wins 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #5 by MikeNewcomb92 » August 3rd, 2012, 11:44 am

It's actually kinda late cause it's easier to guess what the standings would be now as opposed to the pre season.
MikeNewcomb92
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

Return to Baltimore Orioles