Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

More Headley and Orioles rumors

Re: More Headley and Orioles rumors

PostPost #16 by ofahn » July 30th, 2012, 8:39 pm

keysmom wrote:I hope not. I think Rodriguez has really good stuff, if he were really ... I'll leave it at that. I don't want him on the Padres. I would love Bridwell or Delmonico though, and Arrieta and my son. Let's do it!

If the Padres could get Arrieta and your son (as long as your not Bundy's or Michael Wright's mom) for Headley they should take it because they would be lucky to get that kind of offer this Winter for him. I think Josh Byrnes knows that.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #17 by Shorebirdfan » July 30th, 2012, 9:31 pm

If the 2013 draft class is weak (as I read on another thread on ON and according to Keith Law) why not throw in the competitive balance pick in place of one of the prospects for Headley? I've heard from some people a lot smarter than me that these picks are highly regarded as a valuable trade piece.

If the organization really thinks they hit home with Delmonico, then keep him (or whoever about that level they want) and throw in the pick.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #18 by Ampontan » July 30th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I would say one of those two or Rodriguez.

I read that they wanted Arrieta, Delmonico, Bridwell, AND Rodriguez. Hah! As I've said before, some scouts say Rodriguez will pitch in the majors barring injury.

I go Arrieta or Matusz (preferably the latter) + Hoes + plus some other guy to keep the Padres happy.

Headley is good, but he isn't THAT good.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #19 by OriolesRedskins28 » July 30th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:If the 2013 draft class is weak (as I read on another thread on ON and according to Keith Law) why not throw in the competitive balance pick in place of one of the prospects for Headley? I've heard from some people a lot smarter than me that these picks are highly regarded as a valuable trade piece.

If the organization really thinks they hit home with Delmonico, then keep him (or whoever about that level they want) and throw in the pick.

I agree with that completely. If the Padres value that pick then why not include it if it means hanging onto Rodriguez.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #20 by OriolesRedskins28 » July 31st, 2012, 12:39 am

From what I read on Dan Connolly's twitter/blog, it sounds like the O's overvalue Arrieta. I know he has been "unlucky" this year but he still hasn't had any sustained success in the major leagues and he's 26 years old. He's not a prospect. I think the O's would have been lucky to make him the centerpiece in a deal for Headley.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #21 by Matt P » July 31st, 2012, 1:07 am

I wouldn't be upset if they gave up Arrieta and a Bridwell or Delmonico for him. Pitching in that ballpark with his stuff Arrieta would have a much better chance at turning his career around. This guy can potentially become one of the elite 3B in all of baseball once he gets away from Petco.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #22 by Rising O's » July 31st, 2012, 7:49 am

I'd be fine with Arrieta, Bridwell combo going over. Headley makes a lot more sense to trade for for 2013 than Blanton. It leaves them with one glaring hole on offense at 2nd and top of the order.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #23 by Matt P » July 31st, 2012, 12:44 pm

Rising O's wrote:I'd be fine with Arrieta, Bridwell combo going over. Headley makes a lot more sense to trade for for 2013 than Blanton. It leaves them with one glaring hole on offense at 2nd and top of the order.

2014 too.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles