Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

The Case for Chase [Headley]

The Case for Chase [Headley]

PostPost #1 by BuckMagic » July 25th, 2012, 4:52 pm

I know there has been a lot of discussion about Headley...here are my thoughts...

Getting Headley would greatly improve this team. Getting Headley and DFAing Tolleson would allow for a platoon of Betemit and Reynolds at 1B. I would give Chris Davis the full time job in LF.

That improves our lineup in many ways...

Better production at 3B. Better production at 1B. And it moves people back in the order.

Also GREATLY improves the defense! Betemit hasn't been terrible but Headley is very good.

I think the price is too high right now but if it falls a bit I would love to deal for Headley and have him here for the next 2 years...
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: The Case for Chase [Headley]

PostPost #2 by legmason » July 25th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Agreed. As long as the price is reasonable i'm down. We have too many people playing out of position on this team and it would be nice to have someone who is an actual third basemen. As long as the Yankees don't drive the price up too much we might have a shot without mortgaging our future.
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 25th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Really just depends on the cost. I wouldn't give up Schoop. Would rather deal guys like Bridwell, Hoes, Avery etc., but that probably wouldn't get it done.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #4 by LA Detective » July 25th, 2012, 7:54 pm

I am never in favor of giving up pitching but I would deal Matusz in this...I dont think Headley is an all-star, just a very solid player but it is such an upgrade at 3b that it would be like getting an all-star. On top of that 3b around the leauge is very bare and look at the pending FA lists...bare also..Headley would fill a huge hole for the next couple years..I wouldnt trade our top 3 prospects but I might over pay a bit if it included people we can replace..
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Return to Baltimore Orioles