Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

"Marlins and Orioles discussing scenarios"

Re: "Marlins and Orioles discussing scenarios"

PostPost #31 by Tucker Blair » July 24th, 2012, 2:19 pm

They have Gaby Sanchez in AAA
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #32 by Matt P » July 24th, 2012, 2:19 pm

Josh Johnson 2.98 FIP and 3.43 xFIP. If this board loved Arrieta you guys are going to go crazy if the O's get Johnson lol.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #33 by ofahn » July 24th, 2012, 2:20 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:They have Gaby Sanchez in AAA

The Marlins traded for Lee because they had given up on Sanchez (for at least this year).
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #34 by birdwatcher55 » July 24th, 2012, 2:45 pm

I read somewhere online that Britton and Schoop are the Marlins' trade targets and that we were looking at Morrison and Johnson. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #35 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 24th, 2012, 2:47 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:I read somewhere online that Britton and Schoop are the Marlins' trade targets and that we were looking at Morrison and Johnson. 8-)

Please include links when you post this kind of stuff.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #36 by Don » July 24th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Please stop the Chase Headley stuff. The Orioles are not giving up Machado and the Padres start every package with him. End of story, please move on...
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #37 by ofahn » July 24th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Don wrote:Please stop the Chase Headley stuff. The Orioles are not giving up Machado and the Padres start every package with him. End of story, please move on...

If Josh Byrnes thinks that Headley would get a return of Machado, ALONE, much less as part of a package then his friends and co workers should stage an intervention and get him into rehab. If the Dodgers trade Zack Lee for a pitcher and/or take Ramirez as a salary dump then San Diego's leverage is history.
Last edited by ofahn on July 24th, 2012, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #38 by Rising O's » July 24th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Hanley Ramirez is the type of player the Yankees would get dirt cheap. Can the Orioles do the same? 31 million, plus the remainder of this year. Got to give him a pass as a 3rd baseman, simply not enough games there yet. Plus he looks very unmotivated these last two years. His value has to be low.

Josh Johnson? Great numbers, hard to trust him when at this point, you need him to start every game for you. He left his last start with a blister so who knows, maybe he misses that first start before the ink is even dry.

If I'm the Orioles I take a chance with Ramirez, and hope the veterans on the club will get him straightened out.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #39 by Ampontan » July 24th, 2012, 9:06 pm

According to Kubatko, it is very unlikely Ramirez will be an Oriole this year. He cites multiple unidentified FO people.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #40 by dan72 » July 24th, 2012, 9:24 pm

I agree that I would rather have Johnson and Lee if we are talking with the Marlins.... Hanley is bad for all of the previosly mentioned points. I don't think Hanley by himself puts us over the top and into a playoff spot. Johnson and Lee have more to offer.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #41 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 25th, 2012, 1:47 am

Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #42 by ofahn » July 25th, 2012, 6:48 am

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/dodgers-acquire-hanley-ramirez-randy-choate.html

Ramirez to Dodgers.

Eovaldi is a decent prospect but this was a salary dump on a bad contract for a disruptive player.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #43 by Rising O's » July 25th, 2012, 11:15 pm

And of course he has a good game in his first as a Dodger. That's a trade I'd make every time, the Orioles though...
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

PostPost #44 by ofahn » July 26th, 2012, 2:08 am

Rising O's wrote:And of course he has a good game in his first as a Dodger. That's a trade I'd make every time, the Orioles though...

Considering he was traded for the proverbial "bag of balls" I had little doubt that his ego was hurt and he would be productive the remainder of this season. The next two seasons; however......................
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #45 by Rising O's » July 26th, 2012, 9:11 am

They guy has a history, real talent, now something happened in Florida to turn him off. Since it would cost nothing but money you take a chance simply because the talent is there. I still do not see the Orioles being big spenders, and maybe they do not have to be, but when you have a big hole in the line-up and you will need a 3rd baseman in 2013...it seemed to be a good match.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Orioles