Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

That was even more impressive than the start vs Seattle

That was even more impressive than the start vs Seattle

PostPost #1 by Matt P » July 22nd, 2012, 12:58 am

Wow, did Tillman bounce back in a big way tonight. Everyone was down on him after his most recent start and he turned in the rotation's 4th consecutive quality start as the O's extend their winning streak to 4 games. He started off shaky and the Indians were smacking the ball around as even the outs were hit hard but he then settled down and began to coast. Tillman is going to be something special and I really hope the Orioles do not trade him.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: That was even more impressive than the start vs Seattle

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » July 22nd, 2012, 1:14 am

It was a very good start.

People really over-exaggerated the last start (and the Seattle start)and in general fans are way too judgmental about players at times. This is the kind of growth players like Tillman need to show. Can they bounce back after getting clubbed? He's still very young and the inconsistency is going to still show. It's good to see him showing some success though. And I know there is still work to be done and master a few more things, but I cannot complain with him at all.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by Matt P » July 22nd, 2012, 1:46 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:It was a very good start.

People really over-exaggerated the last start (and the Seattle start)and in general fans are way too judgmental about players at times. This is the kind of growth players like Tillman need to show. Can they bounce back after getting clubbed? He's still very young and the inconsistency is going to still show. It's good to see him showing some success though. And I know there is still work to be done and master a few more things, but I cannot complain with him at all.

I really think that people just forget he is only 24 years old. There is no other way to explain how anyone could have been so down on him.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #4 by Rising O's » July 22nd, 2012, 8:28 am

It gives me hope the Orioles are hiring and will continue to hire the right people who know how to coach to a player's strength.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #5 by mikezpen » July 22nd, 2012, 12:47 pm

What impresses me most is the improvement in velocity.What he needs now is to improve consistency of location in his secondary pitches. The Cleveland game was better because the Indians are a much better hitting team than Seattle.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #6 by birdwatcher55 » July 23rd, 2012, 12:12 pm

I didn't see the game but I understand the first four or five batters smoked the ball. After that, he was pretty solid. Unfortunately he didn't get past the seventh inning. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Return to Baltimore Orioles