Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles “Going Hard” After Greinke

Re: Orioles “Going Hard” After Greinke

PostPost #16 by Matt P » July 8th, 2012, 1:25 am

CSPitt17130 wrote:
ofahn wrote:IMO Grienke is a #3 SP on a good team

Please explain how you came to this conclusion.

LOL, I'm still waiting on explanations on why Edwin Jackson would have been a terrible signing, how a 3.9 WAR is horrible, and many other things. Good luck with getting an answer.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #17 by Oriole85 » July 8th, 2012, 2:26 am

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:From Jerry Crasnick on twitter:

"Brian Matusz is one possible chip in a deal. #Orioles are down on him. #Brewers need to decide if scenery change could help him."

Who knows maybe a move from the AL East to the NL would do Matusz some good. As long as Bundy, Machado, Schoop, Avery, and Hoes stay put then I'm OK with going after Greinke.

I get not trading Bundy&Machado, but I don't think we can deem all those players especially Avery&Hoes untradeable.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #18 by ofahn » July 8th, 2012, 7:50 am

Matt P wrote:
CSPitt17130 wrote:
ofahn wrote:IMO Grienke is a #3 SP on a good team

Please explain how you came to this conclusion.

LOL, I'm still waiting on explanations on why Edwin Jackson would have been a terrible signing, how a 3.9 WAR is horrible, and many other things. Good luck with getting an answer.

Ya know, your juvenile condescending attitude towards anyone that disagrees with you gets a little old. I have read some of the comments you have made belittling other members opinions and I wonder if your tired act isn’t some form of over compensation for some sort of masculine shortcoming you were born with.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #19 by Tucker Blair » July 8th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Against AL EAST:

Boston: 2.88 ERA, 34.1 Innings Pitched
NY: 6.45 ERA, 44.2 Innings Pitched.
Jays: 4.45 ERA, 58.2 Innings Pitched.
Rays: 3.32 ERA, 62.1 Innings Pitched

Averages out to a 4.28 ERA against the AL East. Of course, a pitcher does not only face against just the AL East.

Greinke had some terrific years for KC and he has been well worth a 100M contract with his work in MIL. If you base off FIP and xFIP, Greinke has been one of the better pitchers in the league the past 2 years. Even if you go back to his FIP and xFIP from his American League days, they were still low 3's. I see no reason why Greinke wouldn't be a good acquisition (barring an extension). Let's be honest, the Orioles have the money to spend, they also have a lot coming off the books next year with Gregg, Reynolds, etc.

I know someone is going to say something about his ERA against the Yankees, but EVERYONE sucks against them. They are the Yankees for a reason.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles