Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Gammons on Garza

Gammons on Garza

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » June 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm

Peter Gammons on 98.5 FM/Boston told Felger and Mazzaroti today that Garza is going to cost "the equivalent of trading for Adrian Gonzalez" or a top positional prospect and two front line pitching prospects. Yikes!!!.
Other Gammon Tibits:
-- Cole Hammels will not be moved at deadline.
-- Grienke will likely stay in Milwaukee.
-- Dodgers will go hard after Hammels in the offseason.

8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Gammons on Garza

PostPost #2 by Matt P » June 27th, 2012, 3:00 pm

If that is the asking price cross him off the wishlist.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #3 by A_K » June 27th, 2012, 6:48 pm

Did he go on to explain the composition of water is one oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms?
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » June 28th, 2012, 12:29 pm

No AK but I give the guy a lot of credit for staying active after suffering a stroke a few years ago. I have a lot of respect for him to even get on talk radio and deal with some of these morons 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » June 29th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Jason Stark reports we're in the thick of the Garza talks but have made it clear that Bundy and Machado are off the table 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by A_K » June 29th, 2012, 4:40 pm

You missed my point, birdwatcher55. The joke isn't on Gammons. It's on all the readers and O's fans who were somehow able to convince themselves Garza would cost any less.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #7 by dan72 » June 29th, 2012, 6:43 pm

I think that is a rediculous amount of talent they want for Garza. I never would have thought it would take that much in trade.....So my question for any of the experts out there is who is willing to part with all of that for Garza????? Boston, Yanks, Dodgers maybe....I think Garza is good but he's not in the same conversation as some of the other ace pitchers in the AL.

I would like to know what Wandy Rodriguez would cost in trade? I still see value in Soriano. I hear the Cubs are willing to pay most of his salary to trade him.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Baltimore Orioles