Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Kevin Youkilis Trade

Kevin Youkilis Trade

PostPost #1 by Shorebirdfan » June 24th, 2012, 4:02 pm

So several outlets are reporting Kevin Youkilis trade to the CWS is done. Given that it is a month before the trade deadline, does this deal set the initial price for what it will cost to obtain help or does each deal work independent of one another?

Seems like when it comes to contract signings, one deal impacts the next. Obviously quality of player, salary and time under control for the new club impact also, but all things being equal are these impacted by one another?
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Re: Kevin Youkilis Trade

PostPost #2 by ofahn » June 24th, 2012, 4:09 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:So several outlets are reporting Kevin Youkilis trade to the CWS is done. Given that it is a month before the trade deadline, does this deal set the initial price for what it will cost to obtain help or does each deal work independent of one another?

Seems like when it comes to contract signings, one deal impacts the next. Obviously quality of player, salary and time under control for the new club impact also, but all things being equal are these impacted by one another?

I don't see this deal as a precedent setter since it is really a "player dump". Just like when the Cubs dump Soriano. The first trade for player that teams are trying to outbid each other for will better establish the market.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Kevin Youkilis Trade

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » June 26th, 2012, 12:36 pm

I know there is no chance we could have gotten him from the Sawx but my God he is light years ahead of the garbage we've had a third base this year 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Return to Baltimore Orioles